Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

3 hours ago, Dames said:

True but it shouldnt have taken him more than 2 months to present a list of targets that would be reasonably priced and improve the team for Rudkin to start negotiations from November onwards. I mean theres guys on here that can whip up a list of half decent prospects off the top of their heads. 

Anyone with any decent knowledge of the game or who watches a lot of overseas football on TV can come up with a list. Doesn't mean they are available or even interested in coming to Leicester.

But yes, it is frustrating that nothing has happened yet.

There's so much to wrap your head around with this Gonzalez rumour. The journalists reporting it are very unlikely to do so if theres not a belief the information is true, this is one from their own back yard afterall. But the confusion for me is on the number quoted. 

If the club leaked it to take pressure away after a bad defeat, why would such a large figure be quoted... and the same if its being used as a smokescreen or something to turn the pressure up on another club. We go from poor leicester who can only afford 20m for your winger to a club that has 30m available for them.. If youre Lorient or anyone else, you are going to dig your heels in more now.  

Then there's the possibility its true. And I dont for one second think it would ever be a straight 30. But 20 with some rather lofty add ons? Based  on making the champions league etc.. yeah that could be possible. But if we are able to commit this level of money, it brings me all the way back to.... what the hell have we been doing. It just doesnt sit right to feed us, we have no money to spend before splashing 30 on one player regardless of the make up of the deal. Its needless, its not what the fans are demanding. I think wed all be much happier and comfortable seeing us spend  that on 2 players. 

My conclusion is that this is all fantasy and that maybe the club decided to put this out there, so that when we get to the end of the window and we have a loan rw and a 7 m left back they can sit back and say... we tried but football is complicated and january is a hard window to operate in. A lets pretend everything is fine and we have money move, so that nobody questions how weve messed it all up.  While we all watch the clubs around us fight for survival in everyway they can... we will go the way of the dodo.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

There's so much to wrap your head around with this Gonzalez rumour. The journalists reporting it are very unlikely to do so if theres not a belief the information is true, this is one from their own back yard afterall. But the confusion for me is on the number quoted. 

If the club leaked it to take pressure away after a bad defeat, why would such a large figure be quoted... and the same if its being used as a smokescreen or something to turn the pressure up on another club. We go from poor leicester who can only afford 20m for your winger to a club that has 30m available for them.. If youre Lorient or anyone else, you are going to dig your heels in more now.  

Then there's the possibility its true. And I dont for one second think it would ever be a straight 30. But 20 with some rather lofty add ons? Based  on making the champions league etc.. yeah that could be possible. But if we are able to commit this level of money, it brings me all the way back to.... what the hell have we been doing. It just doesnt sit right to feed us, we have no money to spend before splashing 30 on one player regardless of the make up of the deal. Its needless, its not what the fans are demanding. I think wed all be much happier and comfortable seeing us spend  that on 2 players. 

My conclusion is that this is all fantasy and that maybe the club decided to put this out there, so that when we get to the end of the window and we have a loan rw and a 7 m left back they can sit back and say... we tried but football is complicated and january is a hard window to operate in. While we all watch the clubs around us fight for survival in everyway they can... we will go the way of the dodo 

I think it's less likely the club leaked this, given it's the Italian media who reported it first. 

The fee if reportedly accurately (and that's a big if) doesn't make sense unless the owners have gone screw FFP, we're not going to get into Europe so let's make sure we stay in the league. 

I think as other posters have suggested it's closer to 20m euros with lots of add ons. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it's less likely the club leaked this, given it's the Italian media who reported it first. 

The fee if reportedly accurately (and that's a big if) doesn't make sense unless the owners have gone screw FFP, we're not going to get into Europe so let's make sure we stay in the league. 

I think as other posters have suggested it's closer to 20m euros with lots of add ons. 

Yeah you could be right on that its was just the way all 3 of the big transfer journalists released it at the same time. It felt like a here's the info, run with it.   Which of course could have come from the other side of the deal as welL... which would explain a high transfer figure quote  to appease their fans. This is something that supposedly Newcastle did for Perez. 

It is a little strange that the big journalists seem to always have some news straight after a bad result for us. But we will see I guess

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah you could be right on that its was just the way all 3 of the big transfer journalists released it at the same time. It felt like a here's the info, run with it.   Which of course could have come from the other side of the deal as welL... which would explain a high transfer figure quote  to appease their fans. This is something that supposedly Newcastle did for Perez. 

It is a little strange that the big journalists seem to always have some news straight after a bad result for us. But we will see I guess

I think you're right on that - Di Marzio reported it first but it got around quickly. I think this one was coincidence, while the Kristiansen story was planted. 

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

We've £40-45m left of the Fofana money and don't forget all of that less what we owed St Etienne gets booked to our accounts in year. Any incomings with be amortised over the length of the players contract.

Although I don't expect us to spend £50-60m this window, we may well pump most of it on a RW and then get that LB for less than £10m and a CB on loan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Do we think Souttar, Gonzalez and Krisitansen would be enough to keep us in the league?   In an ideal world we would also bring in le fee but more likely we would go for that celtic lad 

They would improve the team a lot. All them players are priority positions we need to fill so I would be a lot more confident in us if we did bring them in.

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've £40-45m left of the Fofana money and don't forget all of that less what we owed St Etienne gets booked to our accounts in year. Any incomings with be amortised over the length of the players contract.

Although I don't expect us to spend £50-60m this window, we may well pump most of it on a RW and then get that LB for less than £10m and a CB on loan.

Considering we required a £30 million personal loan from Top for the day to day running of the club, as shown in the 20/21 financial statement I don't think there is any certainty that we have that money available for transfers.

48 minutes ago, reynard said:

Considering we required a £30 million personal loan from Top for the day to day running of the club, as shown in the 20/21 financial statement I don't think there is any certainty that we have that money available for transfers.

We weren't intending on selling Fofana, it's been repeatedly said that it would be reinvested where possible, we've taken out that loan to free it up this window as well.

Generally think we arent buying a single player this window. Will be a deadline day loan for an underwhelming winger and a loan replacement if Soyuncu goes at best imo. You dont go 3 January windows under the same manager without spending a penny to suddenly start spunking money. This is a club that wouldnt invest to give us a boost when chasing the Champions league and will be complacent again thinking the squad is to good to get relegated

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Generally think we arent buying a single player this window. Will be a deadline day loan for an underwhelming winger and a loan replacement if Soyuncu goes at best. You dont go 3 January windows under the same manager without spending a penny to suddenly start spunking money

Sadly I think you're right.

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We weren't intending on selling Fofana, it's been repeatedly said that it would be reinvested where possible, we've taken out that loan to free it up this window as well.

I don't doubt you but I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect the finances are worse than we suspect. If they are going to spend any of it they do need to get on with it.

• Like 1

Certainly appears that we aren’t in for and seemingly haven’t been active in putting time into seriously trying to attract players that can be signed in this window. IF that is the case, bearing in mind our lack of activity in the last few windows, then we are sleepwalking towards relegation, this season, which seems to point to huge financial issues that preclude us from investing or a chronic problem in the management of the club…..or both.

That being so, then why did we appoint Martin Glover 🤷‍♂️

Why have we played hardball on getting players out of the club.

Why have we handed out daft contracts to staff/players.

Really do hope that all of the above is either an over reaction or just plain wrong and we do pull rabbits out of the bag and sign at least a couple of decent players but not convinced at the moment

On 10/01/2023 at 21:42, Safestandingfox said:

Team is crying out for reinforcements and genuine challenges to those in the starting eleven consistently. They're Simply picking up A wage and aren't at the level required. Really isn't good enough by the club, whether that's recruitment or owners not allowing spending remains to be seen. They are failing the playing and coaching staff by not acting In now multiple transfer windows. 

..there is a lot of money being wasted with the amount of long term injuries that we have!!!

If the money is not there, it is not there, we can't keep bleating about no finance for transfers.

If this team was drilled properly and players understood their roles and what was required of them, we would not be watching mediocre displays every week.

You do not have to shell  out a fortune to be competitive. 

• Like 1

We could try and get Lookman in again and  look at using Barnes  either on right or up front. He likes a goal and it may make us more fluid as an attacking force. Huth would be able to help ID a robust centre half and it seems we have already scouted left backs  we need bodies in now. If we lose at Forest Rodgers surely will go. We cannot leave it any longer. Any new manager then has only two weeks to get in new faces.