Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Do we think Souttar, Gonzalez and Krisitansen would be enough to keep us in the league?   In an ideal world we would also bring in le fee but more likely we would go for that celtic lad 

Depends if we replace the inept manager or not. Only so much you can do when you have such a clown running the show.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Do we think Souttar, Gonzalez and Krisitansen would be enough to keep us in the league?   In an ideal world we would also bring in le fee but more likely we would go for that celtic lad 

Those 3 with Maddison, Ricardo KDH and some of the other back fit we should be fine.

Edited by teblin

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..there is a lot of money being wasted with the amount of long term injuries that we have!!!

If the money is not there, it is not there, we can't keep bleating about no finance for transfers.

If this team was drilled properly and players understood their roles and what was required of them, we would not be watching mediocre displays every week.

You do not have to shell  out a fortune to be competitive. 

You don't have to spend a fortune you're right, as we've had very good evidence of that before. However you do have to spend something, now more than ever given the current state of the league, and reluctance to do that will/has see us go backwards. 

Due to 18 months of no transfer inactivity,  Rudder´s Messenger Pigeon has certainly piled on the Timber.   Even if someone agreed to join the Club I doubt the contract would arrive at the selling Club.

It's a fat pigeon. That's it. Just a fat pigeon. You may continue onwards  with your day. - 9GAG 

• Haha 3

Walked through sainsbury's this morning and heard an advert over the tannoy about selling premier league sticker cards soon. 

At least we'll have a few quid extra when we get relegated from the profits.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Bloke has the best job in football. Doesn’t negotiate new contracts with current players, doesn’t sign a new players. What does he actually do? 

We have got 19 players out of contract in the next 18 months. 

And evidently no accountability and no pressure from the owner. Sickening.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Name a worse DoF type in the league than Rudkin. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At least they can get a deal done which is surely the bare minimum, the success of the transfer would be down to the scouting team surely.

If you can't buy me a 4 bed detached in Kibworth for £50k, does it make you a bad negotiator or hang strung by the budget. 

Now I'm totally open for criticism of him, I was vocally against him not that long ago. But he was promoted above his level and given the time to make and learn from his mistakes, which generally it looks like he does. 

At the moment, it's hard to moan at him for not signing players if he's not given a budget to do so. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If you can't buy me a 4 bed detached in Kibworth for £50k, does it make you a bad negotiator or hang strung by the budget. 

Now I'm totally open for criticism of him, I was vocally against him not that long ago. But he was promoted above his level and given the time to make and learn from his mistakes, which generally it looks like he does. 

At the moment, it's hard to moan at him for not signing players if he's not given a budget to do so. 

What's not hard to moan about him is the wages he's given to squad players from the off and the length of deals to injury prone players whose deals here are running down. I'm also bemused by our antics on declaring we had to get rid of players last summer and yet made some really unreasonable decisions on the likes of Soumare, Praet and a few other squad / fringe players. He'll have been largely leading on that too.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But what's the reason he's not got the budget? I'm happy to accept it's probably due in part to FFP and related regulations, I'm too thick to understand all that, but I would also think that our shoddy recent transfer record, our insistence on handing out nice new contracts to players who for whatever reason don't or can't repay our faith in them (Choudhury, Ricardo and Iheanacho spring to mind) and our inability to move those players on have a lot to do with it. 

• Like 1

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Transfers?

“The club are working hard in order to do that. Hopefully we’ll have news of that in the future.”

Chats with Martyn Glover?

“The communication is fine. There’s lots of dialogue. I was with him this morning for an hour. I’m sure we’ll get some players in. It’s always (productive).”

More positive comments about transfers coming in, shame none were before the Forest game would've been a nice boost

Just now, teblin said:

Are there any players hanging around the fringes of other prem clubs that we might be able to loan? Maybe someone that needs “fixing” as BR talks about that.

we would all just claim that they weren't good enough for us anyway... 

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Are there any players hanging around the fringes of other prem clubs that we might be able to loan? Maybe someone that needs “fixing” as BR talks about that.

Not in the PL but Lyon want shot of Romain Faivre and we simply have to do the deal. We wanted him before.

• Like 3