Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

We have 10 players out of contract in the summer. Does anybody know how much that will be of the wages? Got to be closer to 1 mil a week saved.

Obviously we'll bring more in but this surely is the perfect time not to throw stupid wages about and start again.

3 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

We have 10 players out of contract in the summer. Does anybody know how much that will be of the wages? Got to be closer to 1 mil a week saved.

Obviously we'll bring more in but this surely is the perfect time not to throw stupid wages about and start again.

Who does? Are you on the right forum @Genesis1?

4 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

I'm sure it's Evans, Bertand, Amarty, Soyunchu, Tielemans, Mendy, Hamza, Praet, Vardy and Perez.

I means that's what I hear so I took it at base value.

Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Bertrand, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez

Probably about £400-500k I would think

Choudhury, Praet, and Vardy are 2024

Edited by moore_94

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Bertrand, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez

Probably about £400-500k I would think

Choudhury, Praet, and Vardy are 2024

A good £52+ million off of the wage bill with the next players moving on to add to further.

I just hope the club start to have a well run and better balanced fore sight for pre-planning of players to move on or renegotiate (well in advance) and players to scout and recruit. We were good at that until the season after the title win but it seems to have been quite disjointed since then.

9 hours ago, UHDrive said:

A good £52+ million off of the wage bill with the next players moving on to add to further.

I just hope the club start to have a well run and better balanced fore sight for pre-planning of players to move on or renegotiate (well in advance) and players to scout and recruit. We were good at that until the season after the title win but it seems to have been quite disjointed since then.

Where do you get £52+ million from?

id have thought nearer £40m minus whatever we are paying the replacements and one of those is allegedly on £4m per year.

Edited by hackneyfox

39 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

id have thought nearer £40m minus whatever we are paying the replacements and one of those is allegedly on £4m per year.

You have to ask ,why would a player of known quality come to Leicester City right now? The only answer possible is money. Therefore replacing players without seriously weakening the team would make very little difference to our wage bill. Maintaining our PL status cannot be done on the cheap.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maintaining our PL status cannot be done on the cheap.

Indeed not. We may not even be able to do it at all. :(

Nice bit of doom-mongering pre Forest! Seriously though, it is a possibility. The super league will happen by constriction.

8 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

No chance. He's a bang average player at best, he doesn't get into our midfield if everyone is available.

Have to disagree - for me, he has goals and grit in him and is better on the ball than Ndidi, Soumare or Mendy, however Ndidi of yester year undoubtedly a better tackler though.

In a 4231 he plays on the right in the Youri position for Man U but for me is less box to box than Youri but is better defensively than YT, I'd say?

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Estimate on my previous reply to qouted £400-500K per week per annum on a calender month basis which without the exact figures we don't have and I wouldn't be surprised with the figures going that that wouldn't be accurate. We have a few players on high salaries between the £50-80K, far too high imo, who are going this/next season. I didn't take any incoming salaries because its pointless.

The RW potential incoming you could say isn't replacing anyone I.e. perez because ideally we need a backup no.10 as well. If the new RW is intended to play across the from line from left to right then we really need a backup RW when considering Barnes is LW and the new guy RW & LW. Just imo that is.