Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Have to disagree - for me, he has goals and grit in him and is better on the ball than Ndidi, Soumare or Mendy, however Ndidi of yester year undoubtedly a better tackler though.

In a 4231 he plays on the right in the Youri position for Man U but for me is less box to box than Youri but is better defensively than YT, I'd say?

I'd still have a Ndidi/Youri/mads in a 3 or KDH over Mctominay.

24 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I'd still have a Ndidi/Youri/mads in a 3 or KDH over Mctominay.

It’s pie in the sky anyway but surely he’d be a Youri replacement in a 2 of 4231 and okay alongside Ndidi or Soumare and when we break into 4-1-4-1 would push further forward leaving Ndidi as the 1. 

He’s been immense in some games for Utd as the midfield enforcer.

Edited by Nick

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

McTominay is one of those where a while back I think he's not what we need. But right now we would love some of his aggression and grit in midfield. We lack so much of it in the squad as it is. 

what no transfers in 3 windows do to a man

get well soon!

• Sad 1

Ryan Bertrand Ryan Bertrand
Left-Back
England
Egypt
Jun 30, 2023 VerifiedFirst Access Sports
Jonny Evans Jonny Evans 
Centre-Back
Northern Ireland Jun 30, 2023  
Nampalys Mendy Nampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Senegal
France
Jun 30, 2023 W.Egal O.S.F.M.
Daniel Amartey Daniel Amartey
Centre-Back
Ghana Jun 30, 2023 VerifiedPini Zahavi
Ayoze Pérez Ayoze Pérez
Second Striker
Spain Jun 30, 2023 VerifiedInterLex Sport
Youri Tielemans Youri Tielemans
Central Midfield
Belgium
DR Congo
Jun 30, 2023 VerifiedLet's Play
Caglar Söyüncü Caglar Söyüncü
Centre-Back
Turkey Jun 30, 2023

Others are longer

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

McTominay is one of those where a while back I think he's not what we need. But right now we would love some of his aggression and grit in midfield. We lack so much of it in the squad as it is. 

Hopefully we sign a midfield shithouse in the summer. I wouldn’t go for McTominay as there’s cheaper and better options available:

Guido Rodriguez - Real Betis CDM. Another Argentine international :). Contract expires in 2024 so we might be able to get him for less than 20m. Proper aggressive midfielder.

Ellyes Skhiri - He’s the best option imo. Highly rated Bundesliga CDM. Available on a free, aggressive, high energy, etc. Linked with Dortmund.

Grillitsch - Could be available on a free if Ajax don’t extend his contract. He had good interception/tackle stats in the Bundesliga. 

Amrabat / Sander Berge - Not overly aggressive players but still good options. 1 year left on their contracts this summer.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'll be absolutely gutted if we sign anybody and don't sack the clown in charge.

We'd get a whole squad of new players if we just binned him off.

But majority of them are shit or injured, a lot of our players who played today would make up a worst prem XI this season

29 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

But majority of them are shit or injured, a lot of our players who played today would make up a worst prem XI this season

This season, yes. But they're over-coached and under-motivated. There is a squad there that has lost it's way and unless we sign 11 new players, getting rid of Rodgers is where the money is best spent this window.

Soyuncu may get a chance

Ndidi not be asked to spray the ball around.

Tielemans given license to make incisive passes again.

We're going down under him anyway, and he'll sure as hell not lower himself to managing us in the 2nd tier.

52 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

This season, yes. But they're over-coached and under-motivated. There is a squad there that has lost it's way and unless we sign 11 new players, getting rid of Rodgers is where the money is best spent this window.

Soyuncu may get a chance

Ndidi not be asked to spray the ball around.

Tielemans given license to make incisive passes again.

We're going down under him anyway, and he'll sure as hell not lower himself to managing us in the 2nd tier.

I agree with most of that but I think 3 signings freshen things up probably he is good enough to stay up then can make changes in summer with hopefully a better squad for new manager

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

the lack of sales is most concerning, has been for a few windows. lesson learnt from this going forwards is sell our players whilst they're hot or we'll get scenarios like ndidi who has become shit, tielemans who'll leave for nothing and now if were not careful an injury prone Maddison. 

need to be dealing with these sales like Brighton - not panicking and using the funds to buy a few players; with some being loaned out and others actually being used by us. 

Exactly this. Buy cheap, sell at peak value and repeat. It’s the only way we can compete. 

not doing this is going to cost us a lot of transfer income and our place in the premier league. What have we become. 

• Like 1

Half way through the month and absolutely nothing happened apart from loaning Hurst to Ipswich.  We need players now whoever is the manager and they need time to get used to how we play and the league or both.

Really time the local press, at least, started asking serious questions of the club.

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

the lack of sales is most concerning, has been for a few windows. lesson learnt from this going forwards is sell our players whilst they're hot or we'll get scenarios like ndidi who has become shit, tielemans who'll leave for nothing and now if were not careful an injury prone Maddison. 

need to be dealing with these sales like Brighton - not panicking and using the funds to buy a few players; with some being loaned out and others actually being used by us. 

Also don’t offer stupid wages to squad players, to keep them around as that’s playing a huge role in us not offloading players as they don’t want to take paycuts! 

• Like 3