Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

It’s annoying because we can all see the damage unfolding in front of our eyes but the club are doing nothing to stop it. They are not even pretending to stop it. It’s not too late to fix it all. We just need to stay up this year, although that seems impossible now. Then revert back to previous model of intelligent scouting, young and hungry players. Turning them over for large profits and at least trying to have replacements lined up. Sounds easy 😂

I don’t know what’s truly going on with our club but who’s to blame?? 

We won the league and our profile of the club went all round the world and we was a club on the up. Seasons in Europe and also winning the FA cup. So where has it all gone wrong?? 

The last couple of seasons our club has be very poorly managed and that can only be down to the board. 
Yes Covid hit which put a big financial burden on the King Power business but we as a club should be big enough to cover that and should have enough finances to weather that storm. 

Invested heavily on a new training ground which showed Tops ambition for the future of the club but lack of investment into the playing staff is now going to cost us. 

During the summer we was linked to a lot of players which didn’t materialise and was put down to that the club tried but couldn’t pull them off and has to be the right players then all this about FFP. Which brings me back to getting into this mess. Who’s sanctioned these deadwood players that we have previously signed that are stealing a living from us. Bertrand and Vestergaard must be laughing their asses of every time their pay check goes in. 

Now the January window is here and yet again no signings but getting linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry. Again I don’t think we will sign anyone and will hear the same excuses as the summer.

Just a smoke screen to try and keep the fans happy for the complete mess we are in as a club. 

How have we gone from a team on the up, pushing towards the top end of the table to a complete joke of a club now and in my opinion

we are going down. 
The board have got a lot to answer for. 
No I don’t mean Top. The likes Or Wheelan and Rudkin etc.  What are they actually doing? 

We had an amazing scouting team, bringing in young unheard of talent with a point to prove and yes ended up selling the majority of them on for huge profits, so where has all that money gone?? Why hasn’t it been reinvested back into the team?? We can’t have spent all the Fofana money ?? 
Having so many crap deadwood players in the team on stupid wages which we will never shift on until contracts expire. Who’s done the deals for these contracts tho and offered stupid wages? 

No point having a world class training ground and an stadium expansion in the Championship and that’s where we are slowly drifting towards. 

I partly agree with Rodgers that the board have let him down and no funding to the team to fresh it up but on the other hand he’s own stubbornness to change the system and alienating players is he’s own downfall. 

But he’s not to blame for the financial state we are in as a club. Since winning the league, we have been poorly run as a club and our opportunity to start pushing on has been poorly wasted and the finances of the club haven’t been run well so who is to blame for that??

Sorry for the rant. I love this club but feel we are going backwards and far from the dream that Vichai had for the club. 

• Like 3

I think we'll sign the left back from Copenhagen, and a centre back on loan and that's it. Feels like all our eggs are in the Gonzalez basket as far as a winger is concerned, and looks like we'll get priced out of that one.

The board and recruitment team have had months to plan and execute the transfer strategy for this window and not to land targets in our dire situation is absolutely unforgivable. The recruitment team needs overhauling, what happened to the brilliant scouting network we had for example? A total shambles.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the real worry. I don't think we even need to buy players, we could just make some loans. But it is worrying that we didn't have players lined up already and so far have not signed anyone. 

If we go down it's all on the board. You can't go backwards in the Premier League!

We could've had stuff ready as soon as the window opened. There's no good reason for not. It happens elsewhere.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We could've had stuff ready as soon as the window opened. There's no good reason for not. It happens elsewhere.

We've done it before with Ndidi!

Given we knew Justin was crocked, it is weird we didn't have the Left Back position already sorted for day one. Suggests again that finances are utterly crocked behind the scenes. 

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I don’t get why we don’t sign a young RW with flair from Brazilian league , they rarely disappoint you can pick them up pretty cheap and even if all they have is pace and tricks offers far more than we currently have

Because the club couldn't organise a shag in a brothel 

I wouldn't sign another single player while Rodgers is still here, he'll waste the money on another donkey.

I get that's dicing with death to an extent with the looming threat of relegation but the ideal scenario for me is to cut him loose and clear the decks come the summer and start again, or at least start doing what brought success before.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

I think we'll sign the left back from Copenhagen, and a centre back on loan and that's it. Feels like all our eggs are in the Gonzalez basket as far as a winger is concerned, and looks like we'll get priced out of that one.

The board and recruitment team have had months to plan and execute the transfer strategy for this window and not to land targets in our dire situation is absolutely unforgivable. The recruitment team needs overhauling, what happened to the brilliant scouting network we had for example? A total shambles.

We need to recruit quality players who will improve the team, not just shore up the squad. Such players are in demand and cost money. We are very financially constrained at the moment so can't compete with other clubs on wages and transfer fees etc, while at the same time our poor form and lowly league position have probably made us less attractive to prospective targets. So the problem isn't necessarily that the recruitment team hasn't identified the right players, but rather that we cannot land those players because of financial and other restrictions.

Edited by ClaphamFox

I also posted this towards of the summer transfer window as, during a conversation with a customer on the phone, the conversation went onto football. He said that he used to be in football (non playing) although he has changed jobs, he still has plenty of friends in football, and gets to hear a lot. 

He said that we do have big financial problems, we cant afford to buy any players, and Brendan wants to be sacked, but we cant afford to fire him. This would explain all the comments he has made over the last few months.

With us not firing Brendan and looks like we cant make a signing, looks like this guy was right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's still deals to be done and Fabrizio Romano said when reporting on Gonzalez last week that he was only 1 of a list of targets at RW.

I think we have to target players who are likely available, rather than trying to prize players from clubs that weren't open to selling. Otherwise we will just waste more time and even if we get the deal done, likely way more money than we ought to.

1) Romain Faivre - Lyon. They want him gone and it surprises me. He's been relatively mediocre in the year he's been there but everything about him seems quality and we were strongly linked in the past. They can't expect to make a profit on him so we'd be able to get him for £15m or less.

2) Reiss Nelson - Arsenal. Curious one is Nelson, hyped to be exceptional but has only really scratched about at the level we play at or equivalent leagues and needs a permanent move to kick start his career. I have a nagging doubt he could be as wasteful as Demarai Gray but technically he's excellent and with his contract up in the summer he'd be available for less than £10m

3) Zakaria Aboukhlal - Toulouse. OK, forget me saying we should only go for players who might be available. I'm making an exception for Aboukhlal because Toulouse are a team that won't command massive fees for their players and even paying over the odds for this lad would be less than we've offered for Gonzalez. He's been every bit as impressive as Ouatarra this season and anything less than £25m would be a go-er.

4) Ludovic Blas - Nantes. Still astonished he's remained at Nantes, his contract is up in 18 months and he wants a move. He's a consistent creative force and although he's not a traditional right winger, he likes to play that inverted RW role and drift inside and he'd be a very astute signing. Was rumoured to be available last summer for £15-20m

5) Angelo Gabriel - Santos. If I have to watch yet another ridiculously talented Brazilian go to clubs around us for modest fees then I'll go insane. This lad has just turned 18 so is available to be signed straight the way and would cost less than £20m. He has the world at his feet and we have to be in the mix for him, otherwise liquidate us immediately. 

It’s the hope that kills us. 

• Like 1