Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

Twitter random from Naples suggesting we will go after Hirving Lozano if we can’t get the deal done for Gonzalez.

Apparently he has connections with agents. Probably nothing, but I suppose it is plausible if we are getting desperate.

31A92451-6706-4BCB-A0BC-182FBDB116AC.jpeg

8F42700E-0F7E-4BC6-B045-B53D079191C1.jpeg

1 hour ago, stu said:

Twitter random from Naples suggesting we will go after Hirving Lozano if we can’t get the deal done for Gonzalez.

Apparently he has connections with agents. Probably nothing, but I suppose it is plausible if we are getting desperate.

Load of waffles that

7 hours ago, Dames said:

This is where the net spend argument actually does come in. Ours is lower than Everton and West Hams by some margin so in theory we should have a lot more wiggle room than these clubs but we are being way more cautious than they are.

It all points to there being a deeper issue at the club that nobody from up high is willing to address. 

...the nett spend does not work in that way, you could compare it to Manchester City or United, but ours will still be lower!!!

The difference is the revenue generated on and off the pitch, which allows the big clubs the advantage and space to manoeuvre.

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

We need to recruit quality players who will improve the team, not just shore up the squad. Such players are in demand and cost money. We are very financially constrained at the moment so can't compete with other clubs on wages and transfer fees etc, while at the same time our poor form and lowly league position have probably made us less attractive to prospective targets. So the problem isn't necessarily that the recruitment team hasn't identified the right players, but rather that we cannot land those players because of financial and other restrictions.

Why would you make a plan to sign players you can’t afford? If that’s what’s happened heads should roll 

Might as well close the whole Transfer talk section. After a few links appeared, it’s all gone quiet. It’s coming up to mid jan and we’ve not made any movements. 

This has got relegation written all over it. We just can’t continue with what we’ve got the last 5 games has proven that. There’s no glimmer of improvement either, not one. 

I’ve not felt this way for a very long time.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Might as well close the whole Transfer talk section. After a few links appeared, it’s all gone quiet. It’s coming up to mid jan and we’ve not made any movements. 

This has got relegation written all over it. We just can’t continue with what we’ve got the last 5 games has proven that. There’s no glimmer of improvement either, not one. 

I’ve not felt this way for a very long time.

Anybody even mentions transfers should be banned. It’s a well-known fact that clubs who fail to sign a player in the first half of a transfer window never succeed in signing anybody in the second half of that window. I have no actual evidence for this, but it is a fact. Rudkin, Whelan and Glover etc may as well head off to the Caribbean for a winter break - there’s nothing for them to do here. 

6 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

It looked like Chelsea were bringing Malang Sarr back from Monaco I December, who had a £10m appearance based obligation to buy.

6 month loan with the same obligation wouldn't be bad business. He rejected Fulham in the summer though.

I know a few Chelsea fans who don't want him anywhere near their team. 

He'll probably fit in well here!!

Just buy ANYONE you ****ing twats.

We are so desperate to freshen up the squad. How can it be hard to improve on what we have? Even someone who is a little unknown and can perform over 10-15 games and surprise a few teams. **** me, otherwise we might as well start passing the kool-aid around the dressing room. 

Our cautious approach worked in the good times (well sometimes), but seriously now is the point at which we need to take a few gambles.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We couldn't even raise the cash to buy Ade Lookman , a player who continues to maintain his standard wherever he goes. That single thing told me that this club has severe financial problems.

Yes - a good player who wanted to join us and was available for less money than we paid for Vestergaard. That was definitely a sign that things aren’t right. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stu said:

Rapid but not the best at passing or shooting… a skinny Mexican Adama Traore, with easier to grab elbows. Very selfish player too, like the only player on the pitch he can see is the opposition keeper. 

Edited by FoxesWalk