Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

There must be some players we can borrow from forest or Chelsea?

Chelsea will surely let Ziyech or Hutchinson leave on loan. Only issue is, they have an injury list as big as ours, hence there's loads of academy players on their bench recently.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea will surely let Ziyech or Hutchinson leave on loan. Only issue is, they have an injury list as big as ours, hence there's loads of academy players on their bench recently.

There's no way Ziyechs ego has him coming here.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This has crossed my mind, it's a shout

I don’t understand why we’re not using the loan market. If we’re not willing to buy we should be loaning players to help us stay up. There’s a huge amount of clubs looking to offload players and we should be using them for our situation.

Spence

tanganga 

Connor Gallagher

Loftus Cheek

Craig Dawson

Reiss Nelson

Omari Hutchinson

Clyne

Tom Davies?

Shane Duffy 

Nat Phillips 

Bajcetic

Lindelof?

Maguire?

Tuanzebe

Shelvey

Ryan Fraser

Dummett

Lucas Moura

Skipp

Cornet

Ben Johnson

theres a selection. Some may not be good enough or positions we need filling but we should be bolstering the squad for 6 months with proven experienced players. We have 4 or 5 under 21’s on the beach at the minute. The squad and starting 11 isn’t good enough and needs bolstering with some new signing and temporary loans. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

Our competence is the problem.

If finances were the issue, we'd have had 2 or 3 thee loans arranged and in the door in the 1st week of Jan. 

I think the problem is that we're still dealing with the effects of past incompetence rather than suffering from incompetence in the present. Our wage bill has been bloated by poor players (Bertrand, Vestergaard, etc) on vast wages, and that is unsustainable. We don't need squad fillers, we need first team players - but recruiting players that will improve our starting 11 and are also affordable is not easy. It's a depressing situation to be in less than six years after being champions, but it is what it is. 

Loan deals tend to occur later in the window when clubs have a clearer idea of what they've got, so if we end up going down that route I'd expect it to happen towards the end of January.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

It looked like Chelsea were bringing Malang Sarr back from Monaco I December, who had a £10m appearance based obligation to buy.

6 month loan with the same obligation wouldn't be bad business. He rejected Fulham in the summer though.

Have you seen him play for Chelsea? The bloke is horrific.

5 hours ago, frany104 said:

I don’t understand why we’re not using the loan market. If we’re not willing to buy we should be loaning players to help us stay up. There’s a huge amount of clubs looking to offload players and we should be using them for our situation.

Spence

tanganga 

Connor Gallagher

Loftus Cheek

Craig Dawson

Reiss Nelson

Omari Hutchinson

Clyne

Tom Davies?

Shane Duffy 

Nat Phillips 

Bajcetic

Lindelof?

Maguire?

Tuanzebe

Shelvey

Ryan Fraser

Dummett

Lucas Moura

Skipp

Cornet

Ben Johnson

theres a selection. Some may not be good enough or positions we need filling but we should be bolstering the squad for 6 months with proven experienced players. We have 4 or 5 under 21’s on the beach at the minute. The squad and starting 11 isn’t good enough and needs bolstering with some new signing and temporary loans. 

As opposed to permanent loans? 

13 hours ago, Shane said:

...quality, you just love a player who wants to attact the opposition every chance he gets!!!

Has great awareness of the runners ahead of him and the through balls are on the floor. Even our Premier league players would play the ball in where it bounces, I  am not sure why they have not understood the recipient will have to take an extra touch, before he can use the ball.

If we fail to get any of our so called targets, then this player will do for me.

Unless he gets injuries he is going to very quickly go into another bracket which we will not be able to afford. We have had far too many lessons but struggled to learn from them.

Khéphren Thuram

21 years old at OGC Nice (Kasper do your thing), 6'4 defensive midfielder quietly building up a reputation over in France. Also chipping in with the odd assist and goal. 

Contract til 2025

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1