Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

Honestly at the moment it's all sounding a bit desperate. The problem with media talk is you're led to believe you're genuinely in for a player when you never were, so as fans we sit here thinking we've missed out on loads of players.
But some of the info that's coming in like Outtara and Gonzalez seemed quite real, and the fact we've been turned down by that young polish defender to go on loan at ****ing Gent really is worrying. 

I can honestly see us ending up with nothing, or a journeyman player on loan who offers absolutely nothing. 

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

So you don't pay attention to other views unless they agree with yours. Got it. :dry:

Maybe i I could have explained that better. I  wouldn’t be on here if I didn’t appreciate other views and learn from them. But there are some views that you will clearly disagree with. I try not to get antagonised by those. Football is an emotive subject. 

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

So you don't pay attention to other views unless they agree with yours. Got it. :dry:

I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t be on here if I didn’t value other peoples views or learn from them. Some I just don’t agree with and I accept we all have a right to different viewpoints. Football is a very emotive subject though so I try not to get too antagonised by views I will never agree with. Back on subject I still don’t think lookman is a journeyman and I think at the price been offered at the time he would have been a good addition. Even then I think we knew we were struggling on the financials. I get what you say about sticking to the strategy but I don’t think most people at the club would have wanted to sell Barnes and now is not a good time to sell him. We have to hope his form will return and help us push up the table. If we can get Maddison and KdH back and firing I’m sure that will help him too. 

Does make me wonder what goes on behind the scenes on our transfers..

absolutely crying out for players..

they would have been scouted..

we would have lists of potentials..

it’s like we literally wait until 2/3 weeks into the window to firstly get linked with players and then in the final week, we may actually sign one..

we are a proper car crash right through the club at present… 

owner

board

manager

players 

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Does make me wonder what goes on behind the scenes on our transfers..

absolutely crying out for players..

they would have been scouted..

we would have lists of potentials..

it’s like we literally wait until 2/3 weeks into the window to firstly get linked with players and then in the final week, we may actually sign one..

we are a proper car crash right through the club at present… 

owner

board

manager

players 

I think it just takes ages to negotiate and get it agreed

13 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hindsight and all that, but can’t help but feel signing Lookman and maybe cashing in on Barnes would’ve been a smart move. Barnes will still contribute to us but we could do with the £30m+ it could’ve made us.

...Barnes is an English International, he is worth a lot more than £30m!!!

We would not have sold Barnes, we would then need a backup for the left wing. Lookman would have been on the bench as a sub for Barnes or start at Right wing when we are brave enough, on the occasional days that Rodgers comes to his senses. We are not a front-foot team, Lookman is good at getting in great positions, if he had the finishing ability I believe he would be a terrific player.

10 minutes ago, Shane said:

Wouldn’t mind Reiss Nelson. Fast, direct, can play on both flanks.. Him, Barnes and a new right winger would be decent competition. Out of contract in the summer.

Problem is you just know we’ll be paying premier league tax for him

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly at the moment it's all sounding a bit desperate. The problem with media talk is you're led to believe you're genuinely in for a player when you never were, so as fans we sit here thinking we've missed out on loads of players.
But some of the info that's coming in like Outtara and Gonzalez seemed quite real, and the fact we've been turned down by that young polish defender to go on loan at ****ing Gent really is worrying. 

I can honestly see us ending up with nothing, or a journeyman player on loan who offers absolutely nothing. 

So your point is that we're lead to believe we've been in for players we never were and that a lot of it is bluster, then end up saying it's worrying we didn't get Piatkowski (who we had the most tenuous of links with)?

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

So your point is that we're lead to believe we've been in for players we never were and that a lot of it is bluster, then end up saying it's worrying we didn't get Piatkowski (who we had the most tenuous of links with)?

Sort of, my point is what whilst yes, the media will hype up loads of players that we are in for, there are still credible journalists and people in the know who are telling us we are in for players, but are getting turned down. For example Nico Gonzalez, Outtara going to Bournemouth (although slightly more obvious) being turned down for GENT etc. 

32 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Sort of, my point is what whilst yes, the media will hype up loads of players that we are in for, there are still credible journalists and people in the know who are telling us we are in for players, but are getting turned down. For example Nico Gonzalez, Outtara going to Bournemouth (although slightly more obvious) being turned down for GENT etc. 

But the Piatkowski rumour was hearsay from a journo none of us had heard of before last week? So why give it any credence? Let alone worry about it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

But the Piatkowski rumour was hearsay from a journo none of us had heard of before last week? So why give it any credence? Let alone worry about it.

yeah sorry I wasn’t talking specifically about that rumour, I should have made that clear. It was supposed to be a more generalised statement in the transfer thread. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

yeah sorry I wasn’t talking specifically about that rumour, I should have made that clear. It was supposed to be a more generalised statement in the transfer thread. 

Then why mention it twice when tying it into whatever point you're trying to make lol