Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

Starting to think it’s less about the position and more about the players mentality. We just look a bit nice and easy to play against. Go through that team yesterday and where’s the leaders who could’ve galvanised the team to see that game out. Not sure we have the fight in the squad for the relegation battle we find ourselves in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Starting to think it’s less about the position and more about the players mentality. We just look a bit nice and easy to play against. Go through that team yesterday and where’s the leaders who could’ve galvanised the team to see that game out. Not sure we have the fight in the squad for the relegation battle we find ourselves in.

In full agreement.

The team is too soft, Brighton’s second goal showed that yesterday, losing out on second balls, then the lack of awareness from Mendy & Amartey was shocking. Also being the team who has lost the most points from winning positions, factors into a lack of leadership & experience. 

We all know what happened in 14/15 after the signing of Robert Huth.

It feels like we’re at the stage again where a Huth type signing is needed.

Whether that is someone to replace Amartey in the back line, a midfielder with leadership qualities who can take a game by the scruff of the neck, or both.

We are in need of those type of characters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

In full agreement.

The team is too soft, Brighton’s second goal showed that yesterday, losing out on second balls, then the lack of awareness from Mendy & Amartey was shocking. Also being the team who has lost the most points from winning positions, factors into a lack of leadership & experience. 

Whether that is someone to replace Amartey in the back line, a midfielder with leadership qualities who can take a game by the scruff of the neck, or both.

We most definitely need to increase the aggression, will to win and desire and that seems to be what Faes was supposed to bring and Kristiansen for sure. Adding Souttar and someone like Gonzalez or Zaniolo and suddenly we have a team with a spine of players that hate losing and will do anything possible to attempt to win. 

I do think our Tielemans replacement might be someone whose got that athleticism and aggression too, Kone at Gladbach would be ideal, but even Kokcu at Feyenoord has a strong mentality and pushes his players around him.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

In full agreement.

I don't check all the forums but I would expect fans on most of them are saying the same thing. The Roy Keane's and Graham Souness's are rare .Too many modern footballers are soft , how they would have coped with Leeds of 1970 , a team full of ruthless hit men I dread to think.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We most definitely need to increase the aggression, will to win and desire and that seems to be what Faes was supposed to bring and Kristiansen for sure. Adding Souttar and someone like Gonzalez or Zaniolo and suddenly we have a team with a spine of players that hate losing and will do anything possible to attempt to win. 

I do think our Tielemans replacement might be someone who’s got that athleticism and aggression too, Kone at Gladbach would be ideal, but even Kokcu at Feyenoord has a strong mentality and pushes his players around him.

I got the tingle once you mentioned Zaniolo… then the full on explosion after you said Kone! We can but dream buddy

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do think our Tielemans replacement might be someone whose got that athleticism and aggression too, Kone at Gladbach would be ideal, but even Kokcu at Feyenoord has a strong mentality and pushes his players around him.

We need players with the right credentials and mentality, our team is far too soft. We need a couple of players who like to get stuck in, and preferably have a bit of leadership & experience about them. 

I absolutely despise our midfield at this current time. Ndidi has gone backwards, also happens to be out of contract in 2024. Mendy showed yesterday that his mentality is weak, also happens to be out of contract at the end of the season. Tielemans doesn’t really want to be here, god knows why he’s captain. Soumare is one of the laziest players I’ve seen. Praet has been meh and will more than likely leave in the summer. KDH is the only one I’d keep.

Our midfield is in desperate need of a revamp, especially in the defensive midfield area. I look at players like Guido Rodriguez, Ellyes Skhiri, Wataru Endo. Three players that have a bit of experience and like to get stuck in. 

As for Youri’s replacement, with Le Fee probably ending up at Bournemouth, it has to be a toss up between three players imo. Orkun Kokcu, Joey Veerman or Matt O’Riley. I’ll probably give Kokcu the edge as he comes with leadership qualities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Our midfield is in desperate need of a revamp, especially in the defensive midfield area. I look at players like Guido Rodriguez, Ellyes Skhiri, Wataru Endo. Three players that have a bit of experience and like to get stuck in. 

As for Youri’s replacement, with Le Fee probably ending up at Bournemouth, it has to be a toss up between three players imo. Orkun Kokcu, Joey Veerman or Matt O’Riley. I’ll probably give Kokcu the edge as he comes with leadership qualities.

I genuinely don't mean this in a rude way, but do you watch all of these players regularly?

According to Google, they're from the French, Dutch, German, Spanish and Scottish leagues.

I'm sure there are great players who would make excellent signings in all of those leagues, but I can barely keep up with the Premier League!

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

We need players with the right credentials and mentality, our team is far too soft. We need a couple of players who like to get stuck in, and preferably have a bit of leadership & experience about them. 

I absolutely despise our midfield at this current time. Ndidi has gone backwards, also happens to be out of contract in 2024. Mendy showed yesterday that his mentality is weak, also happens to be out of contract at the end of the season. Tielemans doesn’t really want to be here, god knows why he’s captain. Soumare is one of the laziest players I’ve seen. Praet has been meh and will more than likely leave in the summer. KDH is the only one I’d keep.

Agreed on Orkun Kökçü. I'd love us to get Sangare too, but that feels very unlikely.

Excuse the fantasy football, but I think a side that looked like this would have a lot more steel to it:

Screenshot_20230122-195023.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I genuinely don't mean this in a rude way, but do you watch all of these players regularly?

According to Google, they're from the French, Dutch, German, Spanish and Scottish leagues.

I'm sure there are great players who would make excellent signings in all of those leagues, but I can barely keep up with the Premier League!

Get yourself a Wyscout subscription buddy :thumbup:

I usually tend to focus on Ligue 1 and certain teams outside the main five leagues, really all depends if certain players catch my attention. 

I look at certain stats then I narrow down. 

40 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Agreed on Orkun Kökçü. I'd love us to get Sangare too, but that feels very unlikely.

Wouldn’t mind a midfield of that kind that you set out.

Another player worth keeping an eye on from the Eredivisie, Ramiz Zerrouki :thumbup:

• Like 3

So perhaps this is more a summer transfer move but I’d love a new striker who can be physical and cause centre backs head aches. I think we’ll make it to the summer without one but definitely needs looking at as it’s definitely a problem, anyone got any suggestions?

48 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Very much hope this is true. Bit of eye candy on the team… I mean, very good player.

Aye he’s pure tidy. Good player. Don’t personally think he’s ready for the premier league yet but I think we would sell if there’s a good enough bid on the table. 

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers likes to play ACMs wide right though, so was a genuine question.

Never done that up here. We always had genuine wingers. Must have been a thing he started down there. Wouldn’t play him wide right. He’s far too slow to play on the wing. 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you not apply for Rudkins job? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Rumours floating about up here that you’ve bid for O’Riley today. 

Fun fact I’ve just this second found out…. After representing England at u16 and u18 O’Riley has switched allegiances to Denmark!!!! Looks like we’re transitioning from Nigerians to Danes lol