Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

8 hours ago, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Aye he’s pure tidy. Good player. Don’t personally think he’s ready for the premier league yet but I think we would sell if there’s a good enough bid on the table. 

Never done that up here. We always had genuine wingers. Must have been a thing he started down there. Wouldn’t play him wide right. He’s far too slow to play on the wing. 

...Rodgers playing Maddison wide right was to get Maddison into the team!!!

Perez was definitely how he saw what he could convert him into. 

9 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Fun fact I’ve just this second found out…. After representing England at u16 and u18 O’Riley has switched allegiances to Denmark!!!! Looks like we’re transitioning from Nigerians to Danes lol 

Yes, I think his mum is danish. 

Will be a fully fledged Danish International in next few months I would think. Was close to going to the World Cup. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We should be going in for Ndiaye. 

£15m fee. Sheff Utd need the money. I get the feeling that if he was going to another PL side battling relegation he's the kind of player that would help keep them up. 

He's an incredible player but you're paying at least double that for him. They don't need the money, will be a PL side next year 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We should be going in for Ndiaye. 

£15m fee. Sheff Utd need the money. I get the feeling that if he was going to another PL side battling relegation he's the kind of player that would help keep them up. 

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

He's an incredible player but you're paying at least double that for him. They don't need the money, will be a PL side next year 

Isn't his contract up soon?

Ahmedhodzic is the one we ought to be going for, if their transfer embargo rumbles on then maybe they would be vulnerable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ahmedhodzic is the one we ought to be going for, if their transfer embargo rumbles on then maybe they would be vulnerable.

Not sure if I'm honest but don't see Sheff U sell anyone this Jan.

He'd also be similar to Kelechi where hes not quite a winger, AM or CF so Rodgers wouldn't play him

Edited by LVFox

22 minutes ago, LVFox said:

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

15 minutes ago, JimJams said:

If you're under embargo you don't let players go.

9 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Not sure if I'm honest but don't see Sheff U sell anyone this Jan.

He'd also be similar to Kelechi where hes not quite a winger, AM or CF so Rodgers wouldn't play him

They have a transfer embargo for failing to make payments to other clubs. They've defaulted on them. 

So they do need the money... 

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hakim Ziyech is available for £25m apparently, with managerless, Everton in pole position.

FFS we should be all over this. 

Injury prone winger with known attitude issues on huge wages?

We probably have him holding up the shirt this time tomorrow

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hakim Ziyech is available for £25m apparently, with managerless, Everton in pole position.

FFS we should be all over this. 

Brilliant player, would worry about his potential resale value but probably too talented for me to care

Edited by LVFox

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ziyech would be good if he wasn't on massively inflated wages, and we can't match them. Not to mention we need to bring down and avoid those kinds of players that come with the huge wage demands...

Be nice if we could get him on loan perhaps for a fraction of his wages.

Who am I kidding, our transfers team aren't that good to get a deal over the line that works for us rather than the player's existing club.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Ziyech would be good if he wasn't on massively inflated wages, and we can't match them. Not to mention we need to bring down and avoid those kinds of players that come with the huge wage demands...

Yes it would be amazing if he came for half a season, in form and happy to be here. Him linking with Madders would be nice to see.

6 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It’s beginning to feel like a @LinekersApples window.

I hope & believe I’ll be proved wrong, but tempus is frigging fugiting…

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I am still confident we get at least 2 more in (RW and CB).

I know we have a catalogue of howlers when it comes to false promises but this does feel slightly different, we've been repeatedly told we definitely have funds available where as at other windows as they close and we might still do business it's never as essential as it is now.

I think it's Tete and Souttar but then there is that little part of me that thinks it's going to be someone out of the blue at RW as the Tete deal might just be too much effort as the deadline approaches.

• Like 1