Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

For those not ITK like me, is there any from those players that are a "ric standard" that we could get with an option to buy? 

Romain Faivre is mustard, lost his way slightly but he'd be streets ahead of any right winger we've had since Mahrez (not hard)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Romain Faivre is mustard, lost his way slightly but he'd be streets ahead of any right winger we've had since Mahrez (not hard)

Thanks Ric. I been through these players and Faivre looks phenomenal, definitely my pick too!! 

I originally liked Zaniolo but even though his club agreed a deal with Bournemouth today he turned it down apparently because he wants an elite team.

I like the look of Omari Hutchinson as well but hes quite young even though hes got more experience than just a dev squad player. I guess he's one of many being churned out in the loan system after promises of sometime better by chelsea but he looks very talented. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Thanks Ric. I been through these players and Faivre looks phenomenal, definitely my pick too!! 

I originally liked Zaniolo but even though his club agreed a deal with Bournemouth today he turned it down apparently because he wants an elite team.

I like the look of Omari Hutchinson as well but hes quite young even though hes got more experience than just a dev squad player. I guess he's one of many being churned out in the loan system after promises of sometime better by chelsea but he looks very talented. 

Hutchinson is the best academy player I've seen in years, hence my rants about him leaving Arsenal for Chelsea when he could quite easily of come to someone like us and been standout 1st choice already and be in the England squad way quicker than he will stuck at Chelsea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Looks like Faivre is going to Lorient, sorry guys: 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Looks like Faivre is going to Lorient, sorry guys: 

It is surprising that they would let Faivre, Ekambi and Tete go. That would leave Cherki as their only winger in the entire squad. Thauvin I think us signing but this bothers me.

A RW recommendation that I’ve been tracking recently - Joseph Paintsil(Genk)

His form could turn out to be a flash in the pan, but he has been on absolute fire for Genk this season, playing a huge part in a team that currently sits top of the league.

7 goals, 12 assists(depending where you look :ph34r:), has tremendous pace, clever movement, can pick out a pass & cross, second best XG + XA percentage in the league and ranks first for key passes.

Plus he’s Ghanaian, more Ghanaian’s the better :amartey:

8 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A RW recommendation that I’ve been tracking recently - Joseph Paintsil(Genk)

His form could turn out to be a flash in the pan, but he has been on absolute fire for Genk this season, playing a huge part in a team that currently sits top of the league.

7 goals, 12 assists(depending where you look :ph34r:), has tremendous pace, clever movement, can pick out a pass & cross, second best XG + XA percentage in the league and ranks first for key passes.

Plus he’s Ghanaian, more Ghanaian’s the better :amartey:

Right footed, don't care 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

If we go yet another window without signing a right winger then heads absolutely must roll. It's an absolute abject failure. Again.

Fortunately the one thing we know for absolutely certain about this club is that we have a zero tolerance attitude towards incompetence

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment but I am still confident we get at least 2 more in (RW and CB).

I know we have a catalogue of howlers when it comes to false promises but this does feel slightly different, we've been repeatedly told we definitely have funds available where as at other windows as they close and we might still do business it's never as essential as it is now.

I think it's Tete and Souttar but then there is that little part of me that thinks it's going to be someone out of the blue at RW as the Tete deal might just be too much effort as the deadline approaches.

...Djed Spence coming in at RW, this would  be consistent in what we do,  make do and mend!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I can’t wait until this transfer window is over. It’s obvious to me, that our whole recruitment team need sacking. Money is available to buy players in the areas we most need, however our recruitment management is so poor in the planning and preparation, which  as meant  we will have signed only one player in probably the most important transfer window in recent history! Our recruitment team as failed us again!

3 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

I can’t wait until this transfer window is over. It’s obvious to me, that our whole recruitment team need sacking. Money is available to buy players in the areas we most need, however our recruitment management is so poor in the planning and preparation, which  as meant  we will have signed only one player in probably the most important transfer window in recent history! Our recruitment team as failed us again!

The sad thing is, Rudkin will never be sacked. It requires Top to sell up.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Assuming we get Souttar and Tete in, and with Tete on loan, we may have budget for a few more signings. What positions do think we should go for, assuming we could get more than 3? I feel the discussion is relevant because we'll have to sign quite a few more signings in the summer regardless of who comes in now.

Any of the below I would be very happy with

GK - Alban Lafont | Yehvann Diouf

Allow Iversen to go out on loan or be sold so he can play regularly, and boot Ward back down to number 2

CB - Konstantinos Mavropanos | Maxence Lacroix | Danilho Doekhi

Let Soyuncu go, try and get rid of Vestergaard anyway we can, Amartey back to 4th choice

CDM - Ramiz Zerrouki | Fausto Vera

Stop the Soumare DM experiment, Wilf looks way off it, and finally let Mendy leave

CM/AMC - Enzo Le Fee | Orkun Kokcu

Time to start planning for the summer with Tielemans, Maddison and probably Praet all expected to leave, 1 now would help to soften the blow and reduce the work needed in the summer

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Any of the below I would be very happy with

GK - Alban Lafont | Yehvann Diouf

Allow Iversen to go out on loan or be sold so he can play regularly, and boot Ward back down to number 2

CB - Konstantinos Mavropanos | Maxence Lacroix | Danilho Doekhi

Let Soyuncu go, try and get rid of Vestergaard anyway we can, Amartey back to 4th choice

CDM - Ramiz Zerrouki | Fausto Vera

Stop the Soumare DM experiment, Wilf looks way off it, and finally let Mendy leave

CM/AMC - Enzo Le Fee | Orkun Kokcu

Time to start planning for the summer with Tielemans, Maddison and probably Praet all expected to leave, 1 now would help to soften the blow and reduce the work needed in the summer

Fausto Vera, what a guy. Didn't realise he'd gone Corinthians, although not done my yearly South American FM save yet.