Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Assuming we get Souttar and Tete in, and with Tete on loan, we may have budget for a few more signings. Djed Spence and Loftus-Cheek have been mentioned, as well as Ryan Kent. What positions do think we should go for, assuming we could get more than 3? I feel the discussion is relevant because we'll have to sign quite a few more signings in the summer regardless of who comes in now.

For me:

- A creative CM. Youri is on his way so we'll need one now or in the summer. Enzo Le Fee is the ideal one but think he goes to Bournemouth unless they get relegated. Ozak Kokcu would be the next most suited.  Hassem Aouar would also be worth a punt too. Otherwise Seko Fofana or Branco van den Boomen from Ligue 1 could be good pickups, though both are 27 years old. I feel like bringing in someone now is not a bad idea.

- Another attacking midfielder that can play on both wings for depth and as an impact player. Should have been Lookman but that ship has long since sailed.  Despite his age, Benjamin Borigeaud could be an option here. Noa Lan once of Ajaz and now at Club Brugge could be another. Genk have two up and coming players in Mike Tresor and Joseph Paintsil that might make the cut over here and are pretty versatile.

- An all action CDM could be worth a shout. Our decline over the last two seasons is directly correlated to Ndidi getting injured and his form falling off a cliff. The links to Hjumland and Kiwior (who can also play as a CDM) make me think there is some truth here. Two Ibrahima's I could think of here; Sangare from PSV and Sissoko from Strasbourg as players that might work well here too.

- Another CB. Atila Szalai is left footed and massive. Think he would be great for our team.

In the summer we will need a replacement for Maddison and that will almost be an impossible task. Lovro Majer of Rennes would be my shout there.

Another striker will be needed in the summer as I think Vardy might call it a day based on his current form. Terem Moffi is wanted by many Premier League clubs for good reason. We'd want a high work rate striker, so maybe someone like Amine Gouri? TBH he'd probably be way outside our price range. Jonathan Burkhardt from Mainz in Germany could be another.

My priority order after LB and RW would be:

CB

Keeper

Box to box CM

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

My priority order after LB and RW would be:

CB

Keeper

Box to box CM

There's a "kind of itk" residing in ft that's been right about tete and has said he's looking at 4 players from what he knows and after souttar he expects an acm which is what I've been looking to hear about for over a year now especially with no backup to madders and potentially losing him anyway.

A couple of players I would love to see us bring in the summer would be Taylor Harwood-Bellis as our back up centre half behind Faes and Souttar, looks a real prospect and for a young player looks a leader. 

the 2nd player would be Alex Scott from Bristol City, can play in a number of positions across the midfield and is a great talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, matty98 said:

Gustavo Hamer is the player I really want us to sign. Think he'd be a good replacement for Tielemans

https://fbref.com/en/players/eebacc07/Gustavo-Hamer

His midfield partner Ben Sheaf is also having a good season. Think he has the most combined tackles and interceptions in the championship. Also top 10 for progressive passes which isn’t bad for a DM. 

Both will probably be PL players soon.

A shame he is still out for a few more weeks at least as I would've preferred us to try and get Joao Pedro from Watford as a versatile attacker rather than Harrison

Although wanting ANOTHER Brazilian is probably a bit greedy with how long it has taken us to get just 1 lol

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A shame he is still out for a few more weeks at least as I would've preferred us to try and get Joao Pedro from Watford as a versatile attacker rather than Harrison

Although wanting ANOTHER Brazilian is probably a bit greedy with how long it has taken us to get just 1 lol

I totally agree with you mate. He would be a lovely addition to this team with Tete incoming! Pedro going to cost 30m or so tho.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I'd absolutely love Iliman Ndiaye

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd absolutely love Iliman Ndiaye

Yeah would love him as well

I kind of like Harrison but there is something about the deal that makes me kind of hope it doesn't happen

Any other versatile attackers, as we seem to want, you would like to see us go for?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Would anyone take Chris Smalling? Apparently wants out at Roma.

100%. He is solid and exactly the type we need right now. Experience without being either too young or an old barstard.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

Don't know if anyone has been watching Atalanta recently but both Lookman and Boga have been great for them. Lookman scoring the goals, but Boga honestly looks like a very good player! They have a Danish striker up top who has impressed too.

I think Boga might actually have been a good signing!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know it's rare to go from League One to the PL and be ready to make an impact but Anis Mehmeti is pure sauce and I want him in.

hes got the look of a player going to be signed by someone like QPR for like 1.5mil then in a year after be in the prem for like 10mil

• Like 1