Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

24 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

hes got the look of a player going to be signed by someone like QPR for like 1.5mil then in a year after be in the prem for like 10mil

Haha exactly! I know it makes sense most of the time for the step up to be transitional but it can be so obvious that it's just time and money wasted waiting, which often makes it harder to get them when they are then seen ready to step up again.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha exactly! I know it makes sense most of the time for the step up to be transitional but it can be so obvious that it's just time and money wasted waiting, which often makes it harder to get them when they are then seen ready to step up again.

On the topic of QPR, might Chris Willock be worth a cheap(ish) punt as a Barnes backup? Slowed down after a very good start to the season but still well on for double figures g+a for the second year running and his contract is up this summer, though they've got an extension option which they'll presumably exercise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

for me, I'd rather try with Mehmeti than say go for someone like Ryan Kent, and the Wycombe manager said they'd maybe consider selling him for £5mil, a bit expensive imo, but sure there could be wiggle room on that 

as you said with Olise, there are diamonds in the football league and we need to have the balls to take the step

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Guest said:

On the topic of QPR, might Chris Willock be worth a cheap(ish) punt as a Barnes backup? Slowed down after a very good start to the season but still well on for double figures g+a for the second year running and his contract is up this summer, though they've got an extension option which they'll presumably exercise.

@kingfox is a big Willock fan I think, he's certainly a player who would likely hold his own at this level.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@kingfox is a big Willock fan I think, he's certainly a player who would likely hold his own at this level.

Was on fire earlier in the season, had a few injury problems and his form has now tailed off. QPR fans have been frustrated with him recently, could still be an injury thing or the fact he’s out of contract soon.

Shame really because he was looking like a Premier League quality player in the first quarter of the season. 

Ilias Chair will probably get a move to the Premier League sooner rather than later, I’d favour him over Willock at this moment in time.

• Like 1

Really really hope we announce Tete tomorrow and Souttar shortly after, and then really push the boat out to get another midfielder in before the deadline. We need to shift some of the dead wood but it's taken us a worrying amount of time to do that. Maybe we're looking to get the signings completed first.

We've scouted Toulouse games a lot this season and with the news we are in the market for a versatile attacker and central midfielder, I wonder of we could attempt to go for Fares Chaibi.

He's such a dynamic player who could slot in anywhere in midfield or attack.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Really really hope we announce Tete tomorrow and Souttar shortly after, and then really push the boat out to get another midfielder in before the deadline. We need to shift some of the dead wood but it's taken us a worrying amount of time to do that. Maybe we're looking to get the signings completed first.

...this situation is unusual for us, buying in the January window!!!

We were unable to offload players in the summer and it will be even more difficult in this January window, where value for money is not what you often see. We had no takers for the players we wanted out, so less likely other clubs are going to view this window any differently. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I know a little bits about Sheff United through family. He is staying this window.

Spoken to a couple of Blades. They say the same. They do need the money, but they're banking on promotion to sort the finances out. Weighing up approx £90-100m on a promotion windfall, compared to approx £15-20m for Ndiaye is a no-brainer. Unless the player forces a move out, which is very unlikely with 2 days left of the window.

39 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

We will definitely be bringing in a CB by end of deadline day

Not too sure how he's got on this season, also not sure if Glover had left Southampton at the time they went for him in the summer but Maxence Lacroix would be great if he's continued to progress at Wolfsburg.