Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

27 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Speaking of Matt mills. His wiki page seems to indicate he played in the EPL for Leicester which I am almost certain didn’t happen

I thought that too, he was very poor for us in the championship alone, as far as I know.

14 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If Leeds won’t budge on Harrison, then hopefully we move on to one of the following...

Iliman Ndiaye 

Ilias Chair

Fares Chaibi

Mike Tresor

Mario Stroeykens 

Ndiaye won't come to us in January.

Sheff Utd are banking on promotion to pay off the fees and debts they owe. They won't sell one of the players that is key to that promotion, in my opinion.

I'd like to see us go for Chair, might be a 'cheap' option to replace Maddison in the summer.

26 minutes ago, kingfox said:

If Leeds won’t budge on Harrison, then hopefully we move on to one of the following...

Iliman Ndiaye 

Ilias Chair

Fares Chaibi

Mike Tresor

Mario Stroeykens 

Hahahahaaa it's mad how aligned we are on some things, I threw Chaibi up last night as a serious serious target, ge can play anywhere and I'd also been looking at Stroeykens, who looks like he's got monumental potential as a dynamic forward / ACM.

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Iliman Ndiaye 

Ilias Chair

Fares Chaibi

Mike Tresor

Mario Stroeykens 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa it's mad how aligned we are on some things, I threw Chaibi up last night as a serious serious target, ge can play anywhere and I'd also been looking at Stroeykens, who looks like he's got monumental potential as a dynamic forward / ACM.

It’s so weird how certain posters pull up names I haven’t heard of but as soon as I see their recommendations I’m desperately keen for us to sign them. So much so that if we don’t, the recruitment team should all be fired. 

For all I know some of these names could just be made up. 

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ndiaye won't come to us in January.

Sheff Utd are banking on promotion to pay off the fees and debts they owe. They won't sell one of the players that is key to that promotion, in my opinion.

I'd like to see us go for Chair, might be a 'cheap' option to replace Maddison in the summer.

With Sheff Utd looking highly likely to cash in on Sander Berge, Ndiaye a bit unlikely but you never know if a strong bid comes in.

Chair has done enough to earn a shot at Premier League football, from now to May would be enough time to audition for Maddison’s spot next season. He can play from the left too and ideally we need some competition for Barnes.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The only spot that needs filling in our forward area is a versatile player who can cover Barnes & Maddison.

Those five all tick the boxes.

Ligue 1 & Jupiler Pro League are two of my favourites to look at for talent. Ligue 1 is classed as the “League of Talents” for a reason, Chaibi is most definitely the versatile forward player we should be looking at. Meanwhile numerous intriguing talents are coming through in Belgium, especially in the forward areas. Shame Dortmund have already snatched Julien Duranville. 

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For all I know some of these names could just be made up. 

True or false.

There’s a footballer called Julian Von Moos :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

With Sheff Utd looking highly likely to cash in on Sander Berge, Ndiaye a bit unlikely but you never know if a strong bid comes in.

Chair has done enough to earn a shot at Premier League football, from now to May would be enough time to audition for Maddison’s spot next season. He can play from the left too and ideally we need some competition for Barnes.

The only spot that needs filling in our forward area is a versatile player who can cover Barnes & Maddison.

Those five all tick the boxes.

Ligue 1 & Jupiler Pro League are two of my favourites to look at for talent. Ligue 1 is classed as the “League of Talents” for a reason, Chaibi is most definitely the versatile forward player we should be looking at. Meanwhile numerous intriguing talents are coming through in Belgium, especially in the forward areas. Shame Dortmund have already snatched Julien Duranville. 

True or false.

There’s a footballer called Julian Von Moos :whistle:

Google tells me yes ! 

To be fair about 15/20 years ago I would’ve been on here listing all sorts of unknowns as the next best thing. Football manager, and watching any international league was pretty normal. Not to mention my Shoot subscription which told me the next best thing coming out of the lower leagues. Unfortunately, life, wife, kids and a career got in the way and now I’m the guy who has some idea but no where near the knowledge to know what’s happening out there. 

Might down load mobile footie manager and see what happens lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like Anis Mehmeti, another wildcard signing I'd be looking at who's available on a free in the summer, therefore likely a nominal fee this window is Nathaneal Mbuku.

Since making it clear he wanted to leave Reims his career has stalled but he's still only 20/21 and I think we need to take some low value punts on rough diamonds. Touch of the Demarai Gray's about him in end product but he can ay LW, RW, ACM or centre forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Got to see some movement on at least one possibly two of the three today surely?

Centre back, versatile forward, and then possibly a Youri replacement

I’m excited for the links but then dreading who it could be at the same time.

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Got to see some movement on at least one possibly two of the three today surely?

Centre back, versatile forward, and then possibly a Youri replacement

If you want the best value, often times deadline day is the time to do it. Remember Chelsea signing Drinkwater for 35m? Sure we screwed up the Silva signing but one move can start a domino effect and all of a sudden players that weren’t available are. If that nets you one extra signing it can be worth the gamble. If Caceido or Fernandez move, the chain reaction will be crazy.  

Given how many players will be moving on it makes sense to sign quite a few this time round. Signing 10+ players at the same time is always going to cause chaos whereas this way we do it in stages and give players a chance to bed in. 

I wonder how many loans we make? You could conceivably sign half the Chelsea team on loan right now 🤣!

Edited by StriderHiryu

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As usual , nobody is leaving and as far as I can see not one bid for any of our players . What happened to Rodgers doctrine of we must sell to buy.. Unless of course a deal for Maddison has been done.

You sound like mystic meg.