Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

January 2023

Nathan Opoku his current ability is a first team MLS ready backup striker for one of the weaker teams.  He was projected to be selected top 3 in this years MLS draft but opted out of his generation Adidas contract with MLS meaning he knew he had options in Europe. 

He was born in Accra Ghana and attended school and college in the US.  Was the top offensive player in NCAA and won some awards.  Could be a good pickup for us sending him to OHL to develop is a good move.  He is a well spoken young man, majored in Communications and Rhetorical studies. 

Edited by Molson Canadian

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Assume Mr Vardy might have spotted him? Or one of his entourage in the US. 

Rochester isn’t that far from Syracuse so it’s entirely possible. Fuchs is based in NY state too and owns an academy so might have happened upon him.

I’d love the idea that Steve Walsh Snr (currently a ‘special advisor’ to NC Charlotte) spotted him and recommended him to us. 

• Like 1

Didn't know where to put this but @Ric Flair what's your thoughts on Rayan Philippe at Swift Hesperange? Appreciate the standard of the league is poor but he seems to be absolutely tearing it up, and from what I've seen of him definitely looks like he can play at a higher level. Played for France U20s too so must have something about him. Young with potential, worth a gamble? 

30 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Didn't know where to put this but @Ric Flair what's your thoughts on Rayan Philippe at Swift Hesperange? Appreciate the standard of the league is poor but he seems to be absolutely tearing it up, and from what I've seen of him definitely looks like he can play at a higher level. Played for France U20s too so must have something about him. Young with potential, worth a gamble? 

I loved him in I Know What You Did Last Summer

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Hahahaa what a great find my friend. I don't know much about him except when I run my endless searches I did pick up his obscene goals and assists this season a while back and had a poke about at what I could find.

He looks like he's far too good for that level and he's the sort of project we ought to recruit and place at Leuven for 1-2 years to either obtain a work permit or sell on for a profit.

As you say he's an ex France U20 player and how he's ended up there is a mystery but he's yet to make much of an impact in Ligue 1 or 2.

A left footed winger in their early 20's whose a street footballer and just needs a proper home, what's not to love!!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Just watching this and I really really like him. The perfect mix of both Maddison and Grealish. I’d pay the 25m he’s said to cost, would soon prove to be a bargain.

Looks like an absolute baller. What caught my eye the most though was Big Nige’s team playing like that! Bring him back! lol 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

The Telegraph have graded our January business as ‘A-‘. The highest rating out of all clubs. 

watched a video today by James Lawrence Alcott who I usually rate but he put us rock bottom together with Everton in the "oh no" category