Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

500 likes and Brendan gets the sack

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone that still thinks he can turn it around knows absolutely piss all about football. How can someone watch Leicester for 50 years and think we can't attract a better manager than this lol

I don't think it's as black and white as that. We've played some fantastic football under Rodgers but for the game has changed even in the last two years. Teams are evolving quickly with the pressing game becoming so important. We've struggled against those teams in the past few years but this year it appears that ALL teams  are pressing hard. Now either we haven't got the skilled players to play through it or its tactical. I think its a combination of the two. I think a lack of recruitment is part of why we're at the bottom because we're not evolving like other teams. That's partly the management  and partly the players we have. That's why I'm undecided. You bring in a new coach but you have the same players at least until January .

1 minute ago, marcymarc666 said:

I don't think it's as black and white as that. We've played some fantastic football under Rodgers but for the game has changed even in the last two years. Teams are evolving quickly with the pressing game becoming so important. We've struggled against those teams in the past few years but this year it appears that ALL teams  are pressing hard. Now either we haven't got the skilled players to play through it or its tactical. I think its a combination of the two. I think a lack of recruitment is part of why we're at the bottom because we're not evolving like other teams. That's partly the management  and partly the players we have. That's why I'm undecided. You bring in a new coach but you have the same players at least until January .

Once you lose effectiveness as a coach with the same group of players then it's difficult to turn that around, nigh on impossible when you behave and react like Brendan has. You cannot say the things he has said about this squad of players and it not have a detrimental effect to their confidence, morale and respect. I'd say it was deliberate, he simply has to go.

This squad is not a bottom 6 squad, so a new manager has the opportunity to rebuild momentum and confidence and at least have this team around mid table. The challenging for top 7 though may well be as you have described above and very difficult now without big change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

How blatantly would he have to disrespect our club before his position was untenable in your eyes then?

He's fallen out with a significant chunk of our squad, has lowered the bar to 40 points as the aim for the season (absurd for this squad and on his salary any professional manager could achieve that for a tenth the pay), all of our saleable assets suddenly want away, he's blaming the board, individual players and now even the fans for not helping the player's after he spent months denigrating them publicly, all whilst advertising himself for every other job going (paraphrasing: "I'm young and fresh it's just my squad that isn't").

As far as the alternatives go it's the club's responsibility to have a shortlist of capable replacements. We shouldn't stick with a manager that's taking us backwards just because we can't personally think of an obvious replacement and I would argue just the weight being lifted off the shoulders of the players when he leaves will be enough to prime us for a bounce.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I'm not entirely sure that the owners can afford to sack him ! If we lose the next two games I'm all for it so I'm hanging in there. Football can be so fickle if we win on Saturday and go on a little run this will be forgotten.....for a while at least.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Once you lose effectiveness as a coach with the same group of players then it's difficult to turn that around, nigh on impossible when you behave and react like Brendan has. You cannot say the things he has said about this squad of players and it not have a detrimental effect to their confidence, morale and respect. I'd say it was deliberate, he simply has to go.

This squad is not a bottom 6 squad, so a new manager has the opportunity to rebuild momentum and confidence and at least have this team around mid table. The challenging for top 7 though may well be as you have described above and very difficult now without big change.

Remember one thing,despite what you and others have said the club still haven't sacked him and there must be reasons for that ,that we're not aware of.

9 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

A signing or two would hardly do anything for this team, the football is dire, the tactics are dire, the defending is dire, the chance creation is dire, the set piece defending is dire.

It's dire.

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

A signing or two would hardly do anything for this team, the football is dire, the tactics are dire, the defending is dire, the chance creation is dire, the set piece defending is dire.

It's dire.

We're in Dire Straits,bought crap players...'money for nothing!'

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Think you lost marbles mate...... people who come on this forum our passionate about the football club firstly and lastly and nothing more!

Sorry, but not everyone on these forums are LCFC fans.  The same way our fans troll other boards, they do the same to us.

Edited by marbles

[email protected]

if all 500 of us email them a link to this thread and demand it gets sent to top, it will annoy them enough that he might actually hear about it! he’ll be calling for a meeting with flair in no time. 

The problem is, 5 mins would be spent talking about brendan the rest of the meeting would be asking about how we let Malcolm Ebiowei go to palace, 

On 08/09/2022 at 13:35, marcymarc666 said:

Remember one thing,despite what you and others have said the club still haven't sacked him and there must be reasons for that ,that we're not aware of.

I'm surprised that you feel this needs stating. The discussion as to why he hasn't been dismissed has been active since the ramifications of a disastrous recruitment period last summer became ever more clear. Warnings were sounded by the more prescient forum members when he was chosen.

Howyever, that stated, his managership brought great success for two seasons. For me, that was down to the amalgam of his personality and the players' relief and joy at being rid of the dour and incommunicable Puel.

He has stated that he plays an integral part in the recruitment process, which means he's significantly responsible for the team's current lamentable position. His tactical command of games is appalling and he appears to have no strategy to utilise the players he has available to reinforce and repair the team.

On the executive side, the indecision is remarkable. There are any number of upcoming managers who would instantly change the atmosphere currently smothering the team...and at a fraction of Rodger's remuneration.

This is not a discussion about Rodgers turning things round - it's about what factors are preventing his employer(s) from acting to stop the rot.

Sure there are reasons he's still here, but they've nothing to do with his potential. Tuchel's dismissal demonstrated decisiveness on the part of Chelsea's executive. I dislike ruthlessness, but, in football, it's part of the 'scenery'.

Edited by gerblod
Changes to poor wording.

On 08/09/2022 at 13:52, marcymarc666 said:

We're in Dire Straits,bought crap players...'money for nothing!'

So this thread When It Comes To You is about a Walk Of Life, with Brothers In Arms, of You and Your Friend Ric Flair who think BR should go, and is Your Latest Trick, since success, even survival in the PL, now seems So Far Away, but let's hope that our new signing is a Solid Rock and that KP's Industrial Disease gets its Heavy Fuel and Private Investigations are enough to fix the problem, so Why Worry On Every Street about a Ticket To heaven, instead of bringing a Six Blade Knife Down To the Waterline? Maybe the Man's Too Strong, but then, I'm just a Lady Writer on Telegraph Road for the News...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

So this thread When It Comes To You is about a Walk Of Life, with Brothers In Arms, of You and Your Friend Ric Flair who think BR should go, and is Your Latest Trick, since success, even survival in the PL, now seems So Far Away, but let's hope that our new signing is a Solid Rock and that KP's Industrial Disease gets its Heavy Fuel and Private Investigations are enough to fix the problem, so Why Worry On Every Street about a Ticket To heaven, instead of bringing a Six Blade Knife Down To the Waterline? Maybe the Man's Too Strong, but then, I'm just a Lady Writer on Telegraph Road for the News...

You're far too intelligent  for this thread !