Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

24 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I don't get all the disrespectful comments. 

I'm an independence supporting Scotsman. As far from a royalist as you can get but there is absolutely no getting away from the fact that, that lady earned this countries respect through 70 years of service to her nation and family including national service during the war and year after year of being a slave to the wims and wants of the very people who mock a mother, grandmother and great grandmothers death. 

She's one of, if not THE last remaining royal who deserves the honour of respect at the degree in which she is receiving it. 

R.I.P. 

Well said.

The Twitter responses to Nicola Sturgeon's very respectful comments are largely a cesspool of glee or political stuff that it's not the time or place for.

No need.

• Like 3

Apologies for the really stupid question, feel free to take me apart.

Does Charles 100% have to take on the role of next King or with him being the age he is, would he have the power to hand it straight on to William should he feel ready? 

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Does Charles 100% have to take on the role of next King or with him being the age he is, would he have the power to hand it straight on to William should he feel ready? 

He has the choice to abdicate I think but strongly doubt he would. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He can abdicate yeah, no chance of that he’s been waiting for ****ing ages 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He automatically becomes King. The throne can't be "handed down" in any circumstances except death or abdication.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm an independence supporting Scotsman. As far from a royalist as you can get but there is absolutely no getting away from the fact that, that lady earned this countries respect through 70 years of service to her nation and family including national service during the war and year after year of being a slave to the wims and wants of the very people who mock a mother, grandmother and great grandmothers death. 

She's one of, if not THE last remaining royal who deserves the honour of respect at the degree in which she is receiving it. 

R.I.P. 

Agree with the sentiment. She's clearly a very impressive woman who has done an incredible job, and has acted impeccably despite her power and privilege, which is no mean feat and speaks volumes of her character. So the disrespetful comments are a bit much.

However... slave? Come on now. Having millions at your disposal and having ultimate power of the land is not my definition of slave. I mean she was literally waited on her entire life. 

Again, no disrespect intended but let's have it right.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not sure even Charles made it in time 

the politicians were informed of something at 12:32 - The response looked pretty grim so it could well have been that she had passed very early this afternoon. 

someone told me just before three (from a political source). 

14.37 apparently. 

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Agree with the sentiment. She's clearly a very impressive woman who has done an incredible job, and has acted impeccably despite her power and privilege, which is no mean feat and speaks volumes of her character. So the disrespetful comments are a bit much.

However... slave? Come on now. Having millions at your disposal and having ultimate power of the land is not my definition of slave. I mean she was literally waited on her entire life. 

Again, no disrespect intended but let's have it right.

I think "slave" is out of context. Duty Bound would be more appropriate.

• Thanks 1

Yeah can’t stand the negative stuff. I hate the monarchy, don’t really have an interest in the Queen and think the whole thing should be disbanded but trying to prove just how lefty you are by laughing at an old woman dying is fvcking stupid. (And I’m a lefty cvnt). 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Scotch said:

R.I.P. 

Here Here!! I couldn’t agree more. 

RIP. 

This feels extremely surreal. 

• Like 2