Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah can’t stand the negative stuff. I hate the monarchy, don’t really have an interest in the Queen and think the whole thing should be disbanded but trying to prove just how lefty you are by laughing at an old woman dying is fvcking stupid. (And I’m a lefty cvnt). 

I'm both with you and against you with this post.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Agree with the sentiment. She's clearly a very impressive woman who has done an incredible job, and has acted impeccably despite her power and privilege, which is no mean feat and speaks volumes of her character. So the disrespetful comments are a bit much.

However... slave? Come on now. Having millions at your disposal and having ultimate power of the land is not my definition of slave. I mean she was literally waited on her entire life. 

Again, no disrespect intended but let's have it right.

Yes, "slave" was probably a strong word in the sense that it was maybe disrespectful to the memory of those who actually experienced slavery but in the context that it was intended... for all her wealth and privilege, the Queen and all the royal family to a degree are shackled by a restriction that we are not. She had all the money in the world but we are far richer in freedoms that she never had. Being able to do and say what we want, she never had that. She done and said what was expected of her by our society and although comparing that to slavery is in retrospect harsh, I can imagine that living that way for practically your entire life would be suffocating and could feel like imprisonment of sorts. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I don’t believe sport will be postponed for two weeks. It will be at the digression of individual tournament organisers. So the test match is postponed tomorrow but is likely to start on Saturday. I highly doubt it would be the Queen’s wishes for everything to stop. 

It’s definitely not happening this weekend 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t believe sport will be postponed for two weeks. It will be at the digression of individual tournament organisers. So the test match is postponed tomorrow but is likely to start on Saturday. I highly doubt it would be the Queen’s wishes for everything to stop. 

I’d quite like another lockdown personally