Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Remember thinking the Owners asking for a minutes silence was mad when the Thai King died.

Two weeks without anything fun seems ****ing mental. No need.

Are you pretending your hard done by this? Just watch Netflix or stick a DVD on its hardly an issue.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, oakman said:

Genuine question - what’s the protocol with bank notes and stamps? Do they start rolling out any newly printed ones with Charles’ head?

Princess Elizabeth first graced the Canadian $20 in 1935.

20-canadian-dollars-banknote-princess-el

Surely they should just skip to George now.

queenmoney.jpg.05078929c407f8faa860d680ee4bfd15.jpg

Edited by NewEnglandFox

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Princess Elizabeth first graced the Canadian $20 in 1935.

20-canadian-dollars-banknote-princess-el

Surely they should just skip to George now.

queenmoney.jpg.05078929c407f8faa860d680ee4bfd15.jpg

Likely will spark a debate on leaving the commonwealth over here given the truth and reconciliation with our indigenous community that is ongoing and further desire by most who have limited to no connection to the monarchy. But that's for another time.

1 hour ago, oakman said:

Genuine question - what’s the protocol with bank notes and stamps? Do they start rolling out any newly printed ones with Charles’ head?

I remember plenty of coins in circulation when I was a kid with king George’s head on them 

I would think the notes and coins are all ready to roll with Charles’ image on them.  All newly printed and minted  tender will have him on them UNLESS the protocol is that it waits until after the coronation 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I remember plenty of coins in circulation when I was a kid with king George’s head on them 

I would think the notes and coins are all ready to roll with Charles’ image on them.  All newly printed and minted  tender will have him on them UNLESS the protocol is that it waits until after the coronation 

I’ve still got that big coin we were all given in 1977 as kids. It’s was only worth 25p.

15 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Likely will spark a debate on leaving the commonwealth over here given the truth and reconciliation with our indigenous community that is ongoing and further desire by most who have limited to no connection to the monarchy. But that's for another time.

While I fully support little brother Canada finally emancipating, Mom's funeral isn't a great time to discuss it. No sympathy for the Eastern Townships though, they will need to remain loyal to the crown.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

While I fully support little brother Canada finally emancipating, Mom's funeral isn't a great time to discuss it. No sympathy for the Eastern Townships though, they will need to remain loyal to the crown.

Thats why i said its for another time. Was just replying to your msg.  

Charles is going to be known as King Charles III. 

He's got some people to live up to. Charles I had his head cut off by his own people for plunging England into Civil War and losing. Charles II was the monarchy's most serial shagger who spent a fortune on his mistresses and getting absolutely smashed and he gambled away a fortune. 

Surprised he hasn't gone with George VII. 

Not a monarchist in the slightest but even I have to admit that out of all the inbreds and leeches within the extended Royal family The Queen epitomised  grace and was a loyal servant  to her country from the day she took o er the reign til the end, just like she pledged in her coronation.

To think how the World has changed within her reign is unbelievable.

There will never be another like her.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Not a monarchist in the slightest but even I have to admit that out of all the inbreds and leeches within the extended Royal family The Queen epitomised  grace and was a loyal servant  to her country from the day she took o er the reign til the end, just like she pledged in her coronation.

To think how the World has changed within her reign is unbelievable.

There will never be another like her.

Unfortunately, her successor does not…