Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Oh, of course - all of his life has been about this moment.

But if the day comes when it's a choice between stepping aside and a negative referendum on the monarchy itself....

(Not saying that day will ever come, but it is a possibility IMO.)

Long term,William and Kate are the future for the “brand”.I would hope the new King will sense the public opinion if the relationship with the Monarchy starts going south.(Sadly doubt it)

Dreaded this situation.Anybody who thought the Queen passing wouldn’t affect them has been very naive.This is awful news for the country just as we sail into very choppy water.

A King Charles Liz Truss combo fills me with dispair.Almost feel sorry for the PM 

having to put up with him looking over her shoulder every five minutes.

Actually maybe not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I think he’s a complete melt for saying that but I think getting sacked for it is a bit harsh 

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Don’t agree with this in the slightest but he will probably lose his job and be attacked For it. Which is wrong. Let him have his opinion and walk away. 

They stood by him after his problems with the police in 2018 

I doubt they will indulge him a second time, especially given the circumstances 

he won’t be back on U.K. media 

Blimey, the "Lizzie's In A Box" chant by those scamps and tearaways in that crowd over in Ireland last night.

:blink:

I mean, we all get that they don't like the British Monarchy, fair dos, lads, you do you. It's not like many of them didn't bring up and bang on about that antipathy to any poor Brit unlucky enough to cross their path before all of this, but there's quite a lot of glee online.

All of which seems to ignore that the Queen visited Ireland, was welcomed with ceremony by the top brass there and expressed regret about the awful stuff of the past.  Separately, she famously shook the hand of Martin McGuinness.

I can imagine Celtic Park will have some of this stuff going on, too, so I reckon they won't play again for a while.

13 hours ago, MPH said:

well I guess there’s no speculation now is there?

moron

Rather than stoop to the low level of name calling which shows a thorough lack of education why not look up the meaning of the word "speculation"?

You might also want to reflect on what a renowned newspaper editor once said; "Comment is free, but facts are sacred".

I definitely feel like there’s a massive difference across the generations on this news. I’m from the younger generation and nobody is particular arsed whereas, for the older generation it is massive. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the impression I’ve got so far. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I definitely feel like there’s a massive difference across the generations on this news. I’m from the younger generation and nobody is particular arsed whereas, for the older generation it is massive. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the impression I’ve got so far. 

How young are you? 

For anyone who is interested on this first day of the reign of King Charles III, here's a list of our previous kings with the same regnal number. 

1216 - 1272 Henry III
1327 - 1377 Edward III
1483 - 1485 Richard III
1689 - 1702 William III
1760 - 1820 George III

The three longest serving kings in our history have all had this number.

Btw, France had their own King Charles III (893 - 922).

• Like 1

I’m a Royalist (apart from Andrew obvs) and proud to serve the Queen for the last 19.5 years so very sad to hear the news. Each to their own re their views but there has been some very cringeworthy ***** with shit attitude posting shitty things like Trev “I’m clearly a massive ****” Sinclair has done 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, String fellow said:

For anyone who is interested on this first day of the reign of King Charles III, here's a list of our previous kings with the same regnal number. 

1216 - 1272 Henry III
1327 - 1377 Edward III
1483 - 1485 Richard III
1689 - 1702 William III
1760 - 1820 George III

The three longest serving kings in our history have all had this number.

Btw, France had their own King Charles III (893 - 922).

In Ireland he'll be King Charles the turd.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

His entire twitter has been deleted this morning... What a hangover he must have

Not in anyway agreeing with him but the way people badgered/insulted/abused him after the comments is not on too. I dont know why people choose to get offended so often and need to highlight how wrong someone is - if you dont agree, ignore and walk away. 

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Not in anyway agreeing with him but the way people badgered/insulted/abused him after the comments is not on too. I dont know why people choose to get offended so often and need to highlight how wrong someone is - if you dont agree, ignore and walk away

And that's how you get a constant stream of people through generations who think racism/misogyny etc etc is okay. 

If someone is being a cvnt, they should be called out for it. No need or room for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1