Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

10 minutes ago, Rain King said:

It's suffocating.

Went in 3 different shops over the course of the morning and Richard Marx - 'Right Here Waiting' was playing in each. Is that on the official list of mourning songs?

It's what she would have wanted.

Requested by Phil, formerly of SW1 ? 

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I saw a couple of people that had put up Union Jacks this morning but it didn't strike me as odd at all. Purely just their way of showing respect after the Queen has died no?

It’s nice to see. I’ve seen a couple of flags flying at half mast. There is someone who lives near me flaying the flag at half mast, they have flags for all kinds of occasions, Leicester flags, one for the euros/world cups, olympics, plus many more, I like walking past and seeing them. 

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

You can still play sports?! OK one thing has been taken away - if that's the only thing going for anyone then maybe they should look at themselves and try and find some other joys in life

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/non-league/2022/09/09/non-league-and-all-grassroots-football-postponed/ - all grassroots games cancelled on Saturday and Sunday. My mates team's first game of the season no less. Loads has been taken away

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Shes done an awful lot for us bless her. Like that time she used 12 mil of tax payers money to keep her pedo son out of prison. I though it was really cool that she married her cousin.

They were actually third cousins. 

"Your Majesty, please accept our deepest condolences on the passing of Queen Elizabeth II," he began.
Credit: Alamy
Credit: Alamy

Putin continued: "The most important events in the recent history of the United Kingdom are inextricably linked with the name of Her Majesty.

"For many decades, Elizabeth II rightfully enjoyed the love and respect of her subjects, as well as authority on the world stage.

"I wish you courage and perseverance in the face of this heavy, irreparable loss. I ask you to convey the words of sincere sympathy and support to the members of the royal family and all the people of Great Britain."

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't remember where I posted but this was bound to happen. 'I'm sorry, no offence'. A hollow apology. 

I don't agree with his POV but fair play to him for that, he still means what he said but admitted it really wasn't the time to say it.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't remember where I posted but this was bound to happen. 'I'm sorry, no offence'. A hollow apology. 

He's not actually apologised for what he said. He apologised for causing offence. Feels like a very deliberate choice of words. 

It's like when my Mrs says "sorry you feel that way"...

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ill timed? When else was he going to make a tweet about not mourning the death of someone if it wasn't right after they died. It wasn't ill timed it was just stupid.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thought Charles spoke well tbf. Tough boots to fill...

I know many people see the Monarchy as stuffy, old fashioned, aloof, unnecessary, irrelevant and a waste of money - but it's ours, it's unique, it's traditional, it's symbolic, it's part of our national fabric, and it's respected around the world.

God save the King.

Not a fan of old Jug Ears (the king one, not our big eared ex player) but he did well.

Time will tell.

I guess talk of a republic is off the cards for a bit longer…..

• Like 1

Whatever opinion on the Royal family people might have, we have lost probably the most experienced statesperson in the world at a time we get an inexperienced prime minister and a potential 3rd world war.

I am not saying that Queen Lizzy would have solved everything but she would have supported Liz Truss ... every little counts. WTF can Charles say to her in the weekly meetings?

She lived a dedicated life.and is possibly our last significant monarch.