Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

Sad she's ill, but as an institution I really dislike the monarchy. Just because of an accident of birth they think there better than everyone and entitled. She reached a good age and had a life that ordinary people can only dream of all the while making millions while being funded by the taxpayer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

6e4836ce122b44072a8b11a186b07e42--jokes-

:D

What joke? the gag was his, not your needless add-on. 

Otherwise, apologies, because as you know on here it's pretty tricky to gauge whether someone is being serious or not given some of the insane posts - particularly over the last few years. 

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Tin foil hat perched squarely on my head...

Liz Truss spends her teen years campaigning to abolish the monarchy, less that 24 hours after she meets the queen she's suddenly got all her family rushing up to see her. 

Coincidence? Probably.

Desperate attempt by me to get Truss immediately removed from office and sent down for treason? Almost certainly.

Probably more that the Queen spent a few minutes with Truss and thought, "Screw this - I'm not doing this all over again...."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

I've got a couple of contacts in media and civil sector. It's possible (only possible) that she may have actually already died. There's apparently a big process. 

Family are still on the way. If today is the day, they’re going to tell us she was surrounded by family regardless of how true it is.

Wills is still an hour away so no news before 3pm.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Hopefully. I’ve always said that I think she’ll be the last of the iconic British monarchs. Great Britain and the world is very different from what it was when she became Queen.

Indeed.

I was surprised how upset I was when I heard this news, because I've never been a royalist. The whole idea of having that position as a birth right is hopelessly outdated.

However,  I'm not sure I would want a presidential  type head of state either.

What I do know is Her Majesty has been an outstanding monarch who has served the nation fantastically since she took over from her father.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Family are still on the way. If today is the day, they’re going to tell us she was surrounded by family regardless of how true it is.

Wills is still an hour away so no news before 3pm.

That's the impression I'm getting. The coverage and statement is a warning and we'll get a statement this afternoon. The line will be everyone made it and she was surrounded by family. 

A 16 minute youtube video explaining exactly what the plan is when she dies. It's 3 years old so could have changed. It's American, so a bit melodramatic, but all based off a Guardian article. The Guardian interviewed loads of people with inside knowledge.

Basically the country stops for like 10 days. 

Original Guardian article: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

.. She reached a good age and had a life that ordinary people can only dream of .. 

Well I’d never want that life in a million years ..  considering what’s she’s done for the country (and yes she has done an awful lot) I don’t begrudge her anything .. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

The life of the senior royals is certainly not one I dream of, all those years of travelling to and taking part in engagements whether you feel like it or not. A very quick Google shows the Queen carried out 184 engagements in 2021 at the age of 95. Princess Anne carried out 387 in the same year, and she's 72. Not for me thanks. 

Live in massive palaces, round the clock healthcare and security.

I'll do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The life of the senior royals is certainly not one I dream of, all those years of travelling to and taking part in engagements whether you feel like it or not. A very quick Google shows the Queen carried out 184 engagements in 2021 at the age of 95. Princess Anne carried out 387 in the same year, and she's 72. Not for me thanks. 

People confuse royalty with celebrity.

Its not a life I would choose. They have money but they can't spend it in the way the average entitled rich person can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

People confuse royalty with celebrity.

Its not a life I would choose. They have money but they can't spend it in the way the average entitled rich person can.

Sounds awful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Looks like this is it. Christ, what a few months Britain has had. Irrespective of whether you're a royalist or not, this is pretty big for us. 

It's pretty big for the world tbh.

The Queen is pretty much revered globally and it will be number one news in most countries.

She's been a huge part of this nations fabric for decades and will leave a huge void.