Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thought Charles spoke well tbf. Tough boots to fill...

I know many people see the Monarchy as stuffy, old fashioned, aloof, unnecessary, irrelevant and a waste of money - but it's ours, it's unique, it's traditional, it's symbolic, it's part of our national fabric, and it's respected around the world.

God save the King.

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Been watching the BBC and the ceremony. Really quite moving and made me think about what we had with HM Queen Elizabeth. I think our new King spoke extremely well and from the heart. I feel sure he will be as good a Head of State as his late mother.  

Indeed it was a very inspiring and moving speech. 

36 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Whatever opinion on the Royal family people might have, we have lost probably the most experienced statesperson in the world at a time we get an inexperienced prime minister and a potential 3rd world war.

I am not saying that Queen Lizzy would have solved everything but she would have supported Liz Truss ... every little counts. WTF can Charles say to her in the weekly meetings?

She lived a dedicated life.and is possibly our last significant monarch.

Tbf, he's been training for the job all his life, and in recent years has been covering for the Queen. I would imagine he's up to speed on everything the Queen was privy too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Thought the speeches in commons were very good. Never knew Theresa May had such good comic timing. 

I know she's mostly hated on this forum, but I thought her speech was superbly delivered (as was Boris' tbf)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Thought the speeches in commons were very good. Never knew Theresa May had such good comic timing. 

Charles's tv address was also quite moving. FT's Shakespeare scholars will have noticed that he ended with a quote from the Bard's greatest play, Hamlet: 'May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest' - said by Horatio after Hamlet's death.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

To be fair, she seems to be increasingly in her element on the backbenches - gave Johnson a couple of roastings, a smart line at Labour's expense about there being 3 female Tory PMs, now engaging in quality standup comedy.....

Biggest plot twist in history. Her timing is impeccable. I imagine she’ll end up with her own show on Dave shortly…or doing a travel show with Richard Ayoade on Channel 4

Edit: properly policed, of course, it must not turn in to an all night rave! 

Edited by Manini