Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

she would never have wanted this for her first week but it gives her a huge opportunity to grow her status exponentially- Blair grew on the back of his dealings with the fall out of Diana’s passing and truss who up until now has been pretty anonymous within the national psyche, could do the same - if she avoids curtsies like that ! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Explains it all here (she was a landlord basically :))

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57559653

Which is passed down from monarchy to monarchy!

Let's get it straight, they wouldn't  have any extra income IF they weren't part of the clan.

To think they make their own way in life is ludicrous 

• Like 1

Read this thread with all its laddish comments and I really do get why they cancelled football this weekend. 

Whatever you think of the decision, if they had totally cancelled Rugby or any other sport this weekend I can’t see another team in any sport pulling this kind of stunt.

It just screams a lack of respect and class, we just couldn’t be trusted to behave in a period of National Mourning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Raj said:

Let's get it straight, they wouldn't  have any extra income IF they weren't part of the clan.

If you disbanded the monarchy then I suspect the crown estate would become private property of the former royal family.

They 'make thier own way' in the same way as any other wealthy family do by passing on assets after death and paying taxes on income received on those assets.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Explains it all here (she was a landlord basically :))

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57559653

42 minutes ago, Raj said:

5 minutes ago, kenny said:

If you disbanded the monarchy then I suspect the crown estate would become private property of the former royal family.

They 'make thier own way' in the same way as any other wealthy family do by passing on assets after death and paying taxes on income received on those assets.

I tend to agree with Raj. How was the land originally acquired (talking about the original land, not what has been acquired by the fund subsequently), it’s not like a old family member set up a business from scratch. 

I think it’s very hard to establish the Crown Estate as the queens (now Kings) own endeavours leading to own wealth - it belongs to the land. It’s like saying the British Empire should be labelled the Windsor Empire instead. 

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I tend to agree with Raj. How was the land originally acquired (talking about the original land, not what has been acquired by the fund subsequently), it’s not like a old family member set up a business from scratch. 

I think it’s very hard to establish the Crown Estate as the queens (now Kings) own endeavours leading to own wealth - it belongs to the land. It’s like saying the British Empire should be labelled the Windsor Empire instead. 

If the monarchy was disbanded then agreements would have to be established. Those that believe that the crown estate would revert to public ownership are living in a not real world I think.

They have managed it for over 500 years, squatters get more rights than is being suggested after 7.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Bank holiday then. Assume the funeral will be on the 19th then.

This was trailed within half an hour of the queens death by the UN correspondent of one of the us channels.  W/c19th is the week that nearly all world leaders gather in NY to make speeches at the UN 

it would be ridiculous to expect them to fly back and forth to London during the week. Diplomats had been told it would be Monday 19th

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kenny said:

If the monarchy was disbanded then agreements would have to be established. Those that believe that the crown estate would revert to public ownership are living in a not real world I think.

They have managed it for over 500 years, squatters get more rights than is being suggested after 7.

Question was whether they were self funded. The honest answer when considering the asset was no they probably are not. The CE is for the benefit of the land. That land is not for the family but the duty. What happens in reality if it were to happen is completely different from calling a spade a spade. 

On a separate note, I think the Royal Family actually do play a role in society and have a purpose for the benefit of the economy.