Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

23 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

They speak for us all.

I can't wait for the Piers Morgan companion piece.

Imagine if she'd released a deathbed statement saying that she thought Brexit is a disaster, and that she hates The Daily Mail and everyone that buys it is an idiot and throw in there that she's saddened at our loss of standing on the world stage and, while we're at it, let's have a written constitution.

If I was her I'd have done it for the LOLZ even if I didn't mean it. We keep hearing about what a great sense of humour she had

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenny said:

If you disbanded the monarchy then I suspect the crown estate would become private property of the former royal family.

They 'make thier own way' in the same way as any other wealthy family do by passing on assets after death and paying taxes on income received on those assets.

Yes but like I said,  NONE of this land etc would be theres WITHOUT being born into the monarchy.

What's Andrew doing now " to make his own way"? Hes mot working at Tesco or a bank is he?

I'm sure hes still being "looked after"

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yes but like I said,  NONE of this land etc would be theres WITHOUT being born into the monarchy.

What's Andrew doing now " to make his own way"? Hes mot working at Tesco or a bank is he?

Born into a rich family, agreed. Andrew stopped recieving pay in 2019.

No different to Brooklyn Beckham except this family pays much higher taxes.

On 08/09/2022 at 13:17, Vacamion said:

Having been harangued on more than one occasion by Irish republicans who've heard my accent and told me about 800 years of bloodshed, etc, as well as telling me in in great detail how they would like to see the Monarch's demise, I can say this is just not true.

I tell you what.  I am fed up with EVERYTHING being taken over.  I am a monarchist, but this wall to wall coverage is just a tad annoying.

Football cancelled- theatres aren't,  cinemas aren't. Cancellations and vast schedule changes to TV are what Bank Holidays (which we will have one to celebrate the Queen's life) are for.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Prince Andrew will have his Navy pension.

49 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I tell you what.  I am fed up with EVERYTHING being taken over.  I am a monarchist, but this wall to wall coverage is just a tad annoying.

Football cancelled- theatres aren't,  cinemas aren't. Cancellations and vast schedule changes to TV are what Bank Holidays (which we will have one to celebrate the Queen's life) are for.

In fairness there’s a bit more that goes into putting on a football match than opening a door to a cinema.

Think of the crowds making their way to London public transport is going to be max’d out then add football crowds into that, then think of all the security required around London and how much of the police forces are pulled away to cover football matches, these bodies will be needed to bulk the security in and around London I’d guess.

Rehearsals would have started also so there’s police presence required there again for security but also as part of parade

Edited by BKLFox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If I was her I'd have done it for the LOLZ even if I didn't mean it. We keep hearing about what a great sense of humour she had

I’m amazed that nobody has mentioned her stand-up career so far. Just like Diana used to go off to clubs with the Fergs, Liz would often don a false beard and do comedy gigs or appear on panel shows under her stage name of Frankie Boyle. Absolute true fact that. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Prince Andrew will have his Navy pension.

22 minutes ago, Raj said:

🤣🤣 yeah that will keep him in the life hes established for himself wont it!!!

Vice Admiral when he 'retired' which I assume would pay a decent (to most of us anyway) pension. Not sure what that level might be in actual money?

Above the level of state pension, anyway.

6 hours ago, Raj said:

Which is passed down from monarchy to monarchy!

Let's get it straight, they wouldn't  have any extra income IF they weren't part of the clan.

To think they make their own way in life is ludicrous 

I was only half listening so happy to be corrected.  I thought I heard the King say something along the lines of him being the head of state and what he says goes, he is actually the boss of the country, but he allows the government to fulfill that roll without interfering in exchange for money for him to do what he needs to do.