Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

Mrs PF has pointed out (having heard it on the news) that everything with the coat of arms and the ER symbol will have to be changed. From post boxes to the Guardsmen uniform and similarly throughout the Commonwealth countries. The ripples of Her passing spread out so far.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mrs PF has pointed out (having heard it on the news) that everything with the coat of arms and the ER symbol will have to be changed. From post boxes to the Guardsmen uniform and similarly throughout the Commonwealth countries. The ripples of Her passing spread out so far.  

I've read that they leave the post boxes alone, or at least they did after King George, but yes there are so many things to change, things we are so used to seeing we don't even register the ER on them....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've read that they leave the post boxes alone, or at least they did after King George, but yes there are so many things to change, things we are so used to seeing we don't even register the ER on them....

They will change as little as they can to begin with 

it will all change over time as things need replacing 

I wonder if they throw away stocks of things like  ‘her majesty’ passports or use them up ??

Just now, st albans fox said:

I wonder if they throw away stocks of things like  ‘her majesty’ passports or use them up ??

I think it will truly hit me when I start to see Charles’ head on the money ☹️

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I read that all new issues will be changed to reflect the King, so I guess they throw away the old stock  

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Nonsense. Have you never seen post boxes with VR or GR on? In fact, some of the ERs you can still see are either of two Edwards.

I doubt we'll ever see a CR post box, Royal Mail aren't keen to promote letter posting, gets in the way of parcels (i.e., money)

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Postboxes don't change. They bear the symbol of the monarch of the time they were installed. Plenty of currently used postboxes are from Victoria or George's reign.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MPH said:

lol falling at the first hurdle with his lack of grace/ composure..

At times I really detest the world we live in today. Where every move made is recoded on camera and analysed, over and over again for hidden meanings and signs of weakness or used to shed a negative light on someone.

I don’t just mean this clip or just the royals, it’s a wider problem society wide where a 10 second or less clip is shown, or words from an interview taken out of context to create faux outrage.

It’s really quite sad - in this clip, forget who he is, but it’s a man who lost his mother just a couple of days  ago, and has now has the worlds cameras in his face - imagine in that situation having a momentary lack of composure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

At times I really detest the world we live in today. Where every move made is recoded on camera and analysed, over and over again for hidden meanings and signs of weakness or used to shed a negative light on someone.

I don’t just mean this clip or just the royals, it’s a wider problem society wide where a 10 second or less clip is shown, or words from an interview taken out of context to create faux outrage.

It’s really quite sad - in this clip, forget who he is, but it’s a man who lost his mother just a couple of days  ago, and has now has the worlds cameras in his face - imagine in that situation having a momentary lack of composure. 

whilst it was just one clip there are more out there so there’s no isolated action  that’s forming an opinion really…

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

TBF on King Charles, there was nothing worse than someone trying to record me giving their granny an enema.

However, cant help but think Prince Phillip would have made the same action look cute

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Entirely this. Anyone who has lost their mum cannot be expected to be without emotion.

With the eyes of THE WORLD upon him it must have been incredibly difficult to perform the functional tasks of the King (and son of his mum) so soon after her death.

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Genuine question because I don’t know but how had she accumulated her own money separate from tax payers funding ? 

Was given to her by a strange woman laying in a pond

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, MPH said:

lol falling at the first hurdle with his lack of grace/ composure..

This was brilliant lol

11 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Anybody else watching "The Unseen Queen" on bbc?

Incredible footage through the years.

Easy to see why her Philip was such a rock over the years, what a personality he had.

Didn't fully realise how stunning she was either.

Watched The Queen and I. Lovely stories recollecting meeting her. All said the same - warm, genuine, considerate.