Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

There’s such guff on the media coverage. Some pooch starts barking as the cortège goes by. In the studio - “And we know that the Queen loved dogs and she had a great sense of humour so I can’t help feeling that she will be looking down with a mischievous eye smiling at her being serenaded by a barking dog” 

16 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

They were pretty disrespectful - Liz is in the box, Liz is in the box la la la 

Disgusting.

Sorry if I sound dumb on this, but have some the Irish got a history against the Royals (possibly to do with the IRA)?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I mean let’s be fair, there’s very little “view” about it. The British were occupiers who took the land by force then forced the Irish people to work on it. Plus we committed at least 2, if not more, genocides on the Irish/Catholic people (to be fair, one was by Oliver Cromwell so it wasn’t just on the order of the monarchs).

Whether you think that should affect how the modern monarch is a different debate, but we shouldn’t gloss over how brutally the English & Scottish and later British have treated the Irish over the past 800 odd years.

I can’t be arsed with pedantics other than to say that justifiable views remain views ie that’s how they see it. I am familiar with the history of British involvement in Ireland and share the view our governance of any part of the island is not justified. 

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I mean let’s be fair, there’s very little “view” about it. The British were occupiers who took the land by force then forced the Irish people to work on it. Plus we committed at least 2, if not more, genocides on the Irish/Catholic people (to be fair, one was by Oliver Cromwell so it wasn’t just on the order of the monarchs).

Whether you think that should affect how the modern monarch is a different debate, but we shouldn’t gloss over how brutally the English & Scottish and later British have treated the Irish over the past 800 odd years.

To be fair, we allow the Irish to win most of the races at Cheltenham so surely it’s quits ??

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To be fair, we allow the Irish to win most of the races at Cheltenham so surely it’s quits ??

Add to that, the tarmacking of thousands of English driveways and removal of trees from "yer geardon, surr cuz we're in da neighbourhood doin' a good job for da people nearby, like"

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

There’s such guff on the media coverage. Some pooch starts barking as the cortège goes by. In the studio - “And we know that the Queen loved dogs and she had a great sense of humour so I can’t help feeling that she will be looking down with a mischievous eye smiling at her being serenaded by a barking dog” 

Its hard work commentating for 6 hours on a car driving.  Fair play to them for finding something to say.

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Disgusting.

Sorry if I sound dumb on this, but have some the Irish got a history against the Royals (possibly to do with the IRA)?

If you ever get the chance, i highly recommend doing the tour in Derry. NI

Changed my life, and vital information for every person of English descent.

• Like 1