Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

What i don't get about Center Parcs, aside from their spelling of both Centre and Parks, is its self catering, there's no need to kick people out. They can stay, fend for themselves. Just cancel the daily activities and offer refunds. You wouldn't get kick out of an Air Bnb on Monday so why are Center Parcs doing it?

This is what I thought, just close all activities for the morning. You'd still get complaints but this feels like massive self sabotage, all for the sake of looking like they care. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What i don't get about Center Parcs, aside from their spelling of both Centre and Parks, is its self catering, there's no need to kick people out. They can stay, fend for themselves. Just cancel the daily activities and offer refunds. You wouldn't get kick out of an Air Bnb on Monday so why are Center Parcs doing it?

It will be to do with licences and accreditation coupled with the need for security, contingencies I.e fires, maintenance issues etc. people might well be happy fending for themselves but from a liability perspective, it couldn’t happen. 

I think it’s the wrong decision for people who are already there. Not totally against it for people due to arrive on the Monday. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

This is what I thought, just close all activities for the morning. You'd still get complaints but this feels like massive self sabotage, all for the sake of looking like they care. 

Quite - let people watch the funeral service but commence activities after wards .

15 minutes ago, Benguin said:

It will be to do with licences and accreditation coupled with the need for security, contingencies I.e fires, maintenance issues etc. people might well be happy fending for themselves but from a liability perspective, it couldn’t happen. 

I think it’s the wrong decision for people who are already there. Not totally against it for people due to arrive on the Monday. 

What I mean by fend for themselves is in their lodge, the rest of the place would be shut. Surely they can allow that? Also the turfing them out for Monday night seems a bit much  it'll all be over by midafternoon.

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Quietly holding a sign saying #notmyking? Surely not even those who bang on about free speech on social media could object to that?

Doesn't seem to be creating any cause for arrest in my book.

Shouting at a paedo? I'm torn on the matter.

Ephebo, get it right!