Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

You know what. When I heard the news I did feel sad. She’s a human being with family and any death is tragic. But the more it’s gone on the more sick I feel about it all. The sheer COST of it all. The rolling tv. The forced mourning. The literal arresting of people who have simply stated the truth. The empire/rule Britannia/colonial bullshit. I’d never dance around and laugh at her death but the state of it all. Fvck me. People are going to die this winter, lots of people. With no fanfare. And the fact that we’ve no money to help them but millions to make sure all the billboards have the queens face on them, etc. it’s sickening. 

The running commentry for the most simple things makes me laugh.

"Oh look, Prince William picks up some flowers" lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The running commentry for the most simple things makes me laugh.

"Oh look, Prince William picks up some flowers" lol

TBF it must be extremely difficult to make much meaningful commentary over what will be 9 days of coverage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t agree with watching close ups of members of the public paying their last respects 

that should be private 

I watched a bit of that, and it did seem intrusive. Maybe show the start of them filing past the coffin then leave it alone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Amen, brother.

This sums it up perfectly. I find it all ludicrous. We're a weird little country with some weird customs.

It is strange when a paedophile can walk free but the guy who points out that the fact that the paedophile is a paedophile gets arrested and publicly shamed.

The pomp and circumstance is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest. As you say, there isn't the money to keep old folk warm this winter but it's okay to spend millions on an old person who has already sadly passed away.

Sorry to sound cold but I'll be relieved when it's over next Monday. I think the Royals themselves will. I genuinely feel sorry for them that they've had no time to grieve privately. 

It's a circus.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Amen, brother.

This sums it up perfectly. I find it all ludicrous. We're a weird little country with some weird customs.

It is strange when a paedophile can walk free but the guy who points out that the fact that the paedophile is a paedophile gets arrested and publicly shamed.

The pomp and circumstance is a bit of an embarrassment to be honest. As you say, there isn't the money to keep old folk warm this winter but it's okay to spend millions on an old person who has already sadly passed away.

Sorry to sound cold but I'll be relieved when it's over next Monday. I think the Royals themselves will. I genuinely feel sorry for them that they've had no time to grieve privately. 

Is it & in what way?

Im sure there will be plenty of non British nationals watching throughout the world watching and loving it as they do the tattoos we host in this country which are the best in the world.

What is the cost, what is it that’s being paid for? The squaddies and all the fanfare are free so Police O/T is the main cost isn’t it?

If we take the Queen mums funeral and Princes Di’s both under £10m combined but I’m sensing you think this will run into 100s of £m, where is it being spent?

The reported Queens funeral will cost the economy Billions is for the bank holiday is it not just like the other 8 days we get when the city shuts down, don’t we all want more b/hols they come at an economical cost.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Looks like Charles is feeling the pressure. Doesn’t know what day it is and those bloody fountain pens!

The way the poor guy has been run ragged over the past 6 days I wouldn't be surprised if there's another monarchs funeral soon!!..

He's 73 FFS!!

It's all very sad about the Queen passing but bloody hell the whole thing is a bit of a circus!

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

You know what. When I heard the news I did feel sad. She’s a human being with family and any death is tragic. But the more it’s gone on the more sick I feel about it all. The sheer COST of it all. The rolling tv. The forced mourning. The literal arresting of people who have simply stated the truth. The empire/rule Britannia/colonial bullshit. I’d never dance around and laugh at her death but the state of it all. Fvck me. People are going to die this winter, lots of people. With no fanfare. And the fact that we’ve no money to help them but millions to make sure all the billboards have the queens face on them, etc. it’s sickening. 

The reasons this winter is going to be far, far worse than the winter of 1946-7 have been done to death on the cost of living thread.  Some people think we're worse off now than then, some don't.  Let it stay on that thread.

I agree the Prince Andrew thing raises questions.  Many people agree that sex with a person age 17 is paedophilia.  And yet the law permits it at age 16 in this country.  Should the law, as a matter of urgency, be changed to match the New York law?  Again, it really needs a thread of its own.

Wonder if there is an increase in the number of people  topping themselves, due to the depression that is being forced upon us?

Cant be good for those poor souls on the edge being bombarded by all this mourning day and night, television, newspapers and radio.

Speaking to a lady today who lost her Mum   a month  ago who is trying to pick herself up, yet can’t really get back to normal with all this going on. 

3 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Amen, brother.

I’m sorry, but this isn’t right. You stating the kings brother is a paedophile has no grounding whatsoever. In this country having sex with a 17 year old woman, nearly 18 when the photos were taken meaning she could have been 18 when what happened in the US happened,  is not illegal, she wasn’t a child and from the photos everyone has seen, she didn’t look exactly frightened to death, I’d go as far as to say she looked like she was up for it. IMO she was after another payday to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

What the **** are you on about?  The Government literally just announced 150Billion of help to make sure people can pay their energy bills.  The funeral is costing something like 6 Million.  Get a grip man.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

The way the poor guy has been run ragged over the past 6 days I wouldn't be surprised if there's another monarchs funeral soon!!..

He's 73 FFS!!

It's all very sad about the Queen passing but bloody hell the whole thing is a bit of a circus!

Why the hell this is in the public domain I have no idea.  Complete lack of respect for the man.  Anyone having the week he is having would be struggling.

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m sorry but there are parts of this that are just plain weird. 

The 72 year old man being made to fly around the UK to attend various events which started less than 24 hours after the death of his mother. 

The constant public attention on Princess Anne who is clearly feeling the effects of losing her mother. 

The constant public attention to be “entertained” with parades and media coverage on the events. 

The judgement on Meghan and Harry - they fell out with their family who the **** is anyone to judge them. 

The round the clock news coverage. 

It’s weird man. Parts of this coverage is the exact opposite of respect. 

Its a huge event with global interest, and I think the ceremonial aspect has been managed brilliantly.  Unfortunately for the King there is also a massive amount of administration.  The criticism of the HR issues at Clarence house is wide of the mark for a start - they have a legal obligation to inform people as soon as practically possible that their roles are at risk, especially when it is obvious.

Re Meghan and Harry, the media continues to be pretty bloody disgusting.  Even this morning Sky news headline read "Duchess of Sussex joins the Royal family in parade" which is nonsense.  She is part of the Royal family ffs.  It is continuous to the point that I don't know if those writing this stuff even see what they are doing anymore.  Obviously there are plenty of morons willing to be whipped up by it all online.  I would say though that given what they have said and the fact that there is a Netflix doc and Memoir in the works, they should not be that surprised if they are excluded from some of the more sensitive conversations, and their family are not all the relaxed around them.

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’m sorry, but this isn’t right. You stating the kings brother is a paedophile has no grounding whatsoever. In this country having sex with a 17 year old woman, nearly 18 when the photos were taken meaning she could have been 18 when what happened in the US happened,  is not illegal, she wasn’t a child and from the photos everyone has seen, she didn’t look exactly frightened to death, I’d go as far as to say she looked like she was up for it. IMO she was after another payday to keep her in the lifestyle she was accustomed to. 

I think there’s a bit more to the story, getting off with a 17 year old that was trafficked and hanging round with Epstein the pedo fixer might have something to do with decent people not liking him 🤔

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grth2004 said:

I think there’s a bit more to the story, getting off with a 17 year old that was trafficked and hanging round with Epstein the pedo fixer might have something to do with decent people not liking him 🤔

I am not sure it would have occurred to Andrew at the time that a young woman was not there of her own choice, or that Epstein was indeed as dodgy as he turned out to be.  Then again as we know Andrew is not the sharpest tool in the box.