Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Sh1t the bed, Paddington must be dead too

BDCD1C15-4971-4E22-86D3-7145A910561B.jpeg

TV bookers scrambling to secure comment from Winnie the Pooh, Sooty and Sweep (although they may not be suitable anymore) and SuperTed.

’He was the best of us, always with a glint in his eye. But he once told me he actually preferred marmite to marmalade, but felt he didn’t want to let anyone down’

Obsequious laughter follows from all. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

From the Mail.

The reason why the BBC is only talking about the “thousands” who cheered the royals in Wales - and zero mention or audio footage of the high level of booing. 

They aren’t engaging in journalism or reporting news, it’s propaganda. 

B63C27B8-7364-4B4F-9329-E6D2B0601541.jpeg

images.jpeg-14.jpg.c009b5e67c81566a1ffd701b155b3c22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Guess this sort of thing was potentially going to happen .

Thankfully they were  caught  before doing any harm.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/16/man-detained-after-disturbance-at-queens-lying-in-state-in-westminster

Given the current age we live in and the high risk of suicide bombers, Terrorists and Lone Wolf attacks, I feel a tad sceptical that the Queens body would actually be in this lead lined Coffin during this time 
Look how close this person just got in “the biggest security operation since WW2”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Given the current age we live in and the high risk of suicide bombers, Terrorists and Lone Wolf attacks, I feel a tad sceptical that the Queens body would actually be in this lead lined Coffin during this time 
Look how close this person just got in “the biggest security operation since WW2”.

To get into the hall, you have to go through ‘airport level security’

so no one in the hall is going to be able to do anything apart from attack the outside of the coffin which weighs about 35 stones - so they can’t push it off and they certainly won’t get the lid off 

I’m very sure that HMQ is in that box - there is no risk to what’s inside 

Edited by st albans fox

Utterly fed up with this constructed, performative act of grief. Lindsay Hoyle was on the BBC this morning stating that this is the most important event which will ever happen. Obvious delusional nonsense. 

The purpose of grieving, the meaning of belonging, the notion of love has been destroyed all in order to ‘prove our Britishness’ typified by the publicity stunts pulled by Beckham and Schofield, of which has been repeated many times over. This country has an identity crisis, which will only deepen over the next few years. Grief never felt so false. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What did Beckham do wrong :(?

Are celebrities not allowed to mourn either?

I don’t trust him but that might say more about me. The fanfare is probably what annoys me. The fact that he’s earned his Britishness by standing out in the queue for 12 hours. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I don’t trust him but that might say more about me. The fanfare is probably what annoys me. The fact that he’s earned his Britishness by standing out in the queue for 12 hours. 

I think it is more you. The Schofield one I'll give because he got a free pass into it.

I think you're reading too much into it, especially when you think he's 'earned his Britishness'.

He's stood in the queue for however many hours to pay his respects to someone he probably respected a lot. I'm not sure how that earns Britishness or if that was even his intention. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Utterly fed up with this constructed, performative act of grief. Lindsay Hoyle was on the BBC this morning stating that this is the most important event which will ever happen. Obvious delusional nonsense. 

The purpose of grieving, the meaning of belonging, the notion of love has been destroyed all in order to ‘prove our Britishness’ typified by the publicity stunts pulled by Beckham and Schofield, of which has been repeated many times over. This country has an identity crisis, which will only deepen over the next few years. Grief never felt so false. 

You underestimate the feelings of a huge number of people that you go about your daily business with 

surveys have said that 44% of the population have actually cried 

you would think that there is a reasonable chunk who care but haven’t cried 

I would suggest that you are in the minority 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I don't really understand what you mean by this. He has said he is a Royalist, he was brought up to love the Queen, and he is genuinely sad. He just wanted to pay his respects like everyone else who has queued up. I don't think he needs any publicity stunts, either, and if he did I'm not sure he would have chosen standing in a queue for 12 hours!