Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

My god this is so profoundly impressive. If this doesn’t make you feel proud to be British nothing will. 

I'll be honest, a British scientific organisation deriving a therapeutic cure for most cancers and then distributing it worldwide free of charge would make me personally more proud to be British, but point taken.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

My god this is so profoundly impressive. If this doesn’t make you feel proud to be British nothing will. 

It's just loads of people in uniform marching.

Not dissimilar to the Vichai walk we did from Jubilee Square to King power!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'll be honest, a British scientific organisation deriving a therapeutic cure for most cancers and then distributing it worldwide free of charge would make me personally more proud to be British, but point taken.

Agree, but it tells you all you need to know that this is conceivable, yet distributing a way to produce free power is not

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Got to say, I can think of thousands of things that would make me feel more proud to be British than some weird overblown ceremony celebrating the life of someone who had a servant who put their toothpaste on their toothbrush for them just because they were born into extreme wealth.

People who pull drowning asylum seekers to the safety of the shore despite the fact they face prosecution for doing so, for one. People missing the funeral because they’re working right now as doctors and nurses saving people’s lives for another.

Sad thing is aren’t hospitals having to shut today meaning appointments and operations are cancelled.

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sad thing is aren’t hospitals having to shut today meaning appointments and operations are cancelled.

Yes, that’s right. I can’t imagine it’s a case of them being cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

They have the choice to do so. As with all businesses and organisations they have had the choice to act as they saw fit.

It’s hardly a genuine “choice” given the serious societal pressures and backlash if you don’t though. Most companies have faced childish playground peer-pressure, hardly a choice.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1