Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The chap currently on BBC speculating about her having a stroke and also talking about her in the past tense.....

Yeah I noticed that. He mumbled a bit after he said it almost as if he realised what he'd said and then lost his train of thought.

1 minute ago, oakman said:

Would be great if we could skip Charles and go straight to William.

How about just skipping Charles and going for a gong instead. Tourists could gawp and it'd cost nothing. Just put one of the crowns on a manikin. All that hot air saved, private jet miles and tax free lifestyle. Its all so 14th Century.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manini said:

One of the best broadcasters we’ve got. When I was at Uni he was considered the gold standard, he was constantly referenced. 

Very impressed with his professionalism. Can't be easy playing the waiting game and holding the fort like he is in a moving and fluid situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The chap currently on BBC speculating about her having a stroke and also talking about her in the past tense.....

They have to speculate simply because they have nothing else to go on. Deplorable really but this is the reality with the media, make it up if you don't know.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

I refuse to believe it. 

Will share a quick story if I may. 

My grandpops used to have a picture of himself and my nan on his wall in a case with his medals from serving in the navy. His most favourite story ever was telling when it taken at the Royal Palace when he went there for a picnic after his service was ended. Hundreds of people in attendance from different divisions. He explained that the picture was taken mere minutes after the Queen had visited his table and after a quick introduction asked him if he'd like a cup of tea. Naturally, my grandpops would never say no so went to pour a cup and offer one to the Queen, she told him to sit down and poured them all tea and sat with them for a few minutes to have one herself. 

He said it was one the best days of his long life, which explains the huge smile on his face in the picture and why he repeatedly told the story decades after the fact, despite travelling the world and having more stories than most. 

Plus he was an excellent judge of character, if he said she was wonderful, I'll gladly choose to concur. :)

I'm not saying she was horrible or nice or anything. Just think the statement that she didn't have a nasty bone in her body about someone who they haven't met is a bit much that's all.

She probably was lovely, but to most of us all we see is the public face, and I think anyone would be daft to declare someone perfect based on that, especially if they never met her.

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Tin foil hat perched squarely on my head...

Liz Truss spends her teen years campaigning to abolish the monarchy, less that 24 hours after she meets the queen she's suddenly got all her family rushing up to see her. 

Coincidence? Probably.

Desperate attempt by me to get Truss immediately removed from office and sent down for treason? Almost certainly.

Poisoned Pork Pie or non-imported Cheese ?

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

He’s had a hell of a week.  

He really has.

I also admire his openness about the job alone having an effect on his mental health and seeking support for it, which I read about a few weeks' ago.

There isn't a better news presenter really.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Manini said:

Imagine being Liz Truss and having the monarch dying on your second day. Foreboding. 

It’s such a tap in for her, incredibly easy to make a huge positive first impression in response to this.

• Like 2