Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

Imagine being Liz Truss and having the monarch dying on your second day. Foreboding. 

I’m not saying there’s cause and effect there, but if I were Lizzy I’d probably keel over after seeing who the new Prime Minister was at any rate.

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Huw Edwards earning his money on BBC right now. 

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

One of the best broadcasters we’ve got. When I was at Uni he was considered the gold standard, he was constantly referenced. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Very impressed with his professionalism. Can't be easy playing the waiting game and holding the fort like he is in a moving and fluid situation.

He once held the door open for me at BBC Television Centre. :cool:

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

One of the best broadcasters we’ve got. When I was at Uni he was considered the gold standard, he was constantly referenced. 

When I was at uni doing broadcast, we had a mock session of "what happens if the Queen/ PM dies while you're on air" and Dimbleby and Edwards were our reference points.

I gather he's a keen boxer, too. 

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am not being funny but think, definitely at a time like this, that her time on the throne should be celebrated first.

Criticising her should be left aside for a bit..

No criticising on my part Wymsey, sorry if my reply to your post has caused a flurry of people sticking the knife in, wasn't intended.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't think the BBC are doing anything of the sort right now.

They're just reporting on the fact she's seriously ill and her family are on their way to be by her side.

They are required to stop programming if the worse happens so probably getting prepared without giving much away.

Doesn’t sound good unfortunately.

Guess this sort of situation was always going to arise .

• Like 1

Why do people gather at Buckingham Palace before she's even died? Like, what are they expecting? 

Is it all dumb tourists thinking Buckingham Palace is Balmoral, and expecting the Queen to give a farewell wave as she takes her last breath lol

• Haha 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Why do people gather at Buckingham Palace before she's even died? Like, what are they expecting? 

Is it all dumb tourists thinking Buckingham Palace is Balmoral, and expecting the Queen to give a farewell wave as she takes her last breath lol

Like minded people gathering to share their collective grief at the point of death of the Monarch I assume, not for me personally but hardcore royalists are a funny lot

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Last person outside family or staff to be near her?

Liz Truss.

Coincidence? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A footman comes out to pin a formal death notice to the gate. Guess that's something historic to witness.

11 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Hate to say it but i suspect she passed in her sleep late last night hence the family all rushing up today. 

Protocol to keep it a blackout so family can grieve before the media get the nod to broadcast.

Seems very likely, especially with the 6pm news around the corner.

13 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Hate to say it but i suspect she passed in her sleep late last night hence the family all rushing up today. 

Protocol to keep it a blackout so family can grieve before the media get the nod to broadcast.

With social media and leaks these days I suspect we definitely would have heard something much earlier. Why would her family leave it this late in the day to travel up to Scotland? Why not go first thing? 

• Like 2