Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Queen has passed away

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still doesn't make sense that they'd wait til 4/5pm to travel if she's already gone. They'd drop everything to get up there if she had. And I suspect we'd have heard she has died by now. 

Why, I mean, it's not like they can reverse the outcome by racing up there is it?

• Like 1

Just now, kristianity77 said:

Why, I mean, it's not like they can reverse the outcome by racing up there is it?

No, but usually you'd go up as soon as possible, not leave it a few hours. Or longer if she supposedly passed overnight as someone stated lol

The ‘ITK’ lot for football are embarrassing enough, but people pretending to know something about this are laughable. Admittedly, there’ll be a small section who will have an understanding of events, but there is so much attention seeking going on right now lol

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

The BBC constant coverage seems ridiculous. 

Modern 24hr news really is pathetic. 

When something happens there will be an announcement. 

Ridiculous society 

Is this going to be like the last two games of us refreshing this website hoping that BR has been sacked but then no news actually comes? 

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The BBC constant coverage seems ridiculous. 

Modern 24hr news really is pathetic. 

When something happens there will be an announcement. 

Ridiculous society 

It's big news though, and not just for those in the UK, but the Commonwealth, and indeed around the world. People in the UK downplay how important she is seen and how well respected she is the world over. The commonwealth countries in particular will see this as massive news, the world literally is watching and waiting.

If it were any other head of state around the world, especially after the length of reign she has had, you can expect their main channel to have this kind of coverage too, I would be surprised if it didn't.

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's big news though, and not just for those in the UK, but the Commonwealth, and indeed around the world. People in the UK downplay how important she is seen and how well respected she is the world over. The commonwealth countries in particular will see this as massive news, the world literally is watching and waiting.

If it were any other head of state around the world, especially after the length of reign she has had, you can expect their main channel to have this kind of coverage too, I would be surprised if it didn't.

It's just repetitive speculation. 

It doesn't do anyone any good at all. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

It's just repetitive speculation. 

It doesn't do anyone any good at all. 

It is, and possibly not, but without wishing to state the obvious I guess most people who don't want to watch it have working remote controls...

• Haha 1

I know i am talking about a different level here....but my mum was in a care home 2 years ago and got a call in the middle of the night that she was going......by the time we got their she had gone.My Dad was also in a care home and got a call at work he had gone......Death doesn't wait for you to get to the bedside.