Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Rather enjoying my post update save, implementing project full reset with Leicester lol I usually hate being us but see it as a great opportunity post update to actually go in and do what clearly needs doing!

Probably the first time i've gone in and sacked basically every member of staff and started from scratch lol 

On the outgoings front I managed to move on Amartey, Soumare, Ward, Soyuncu, Youri, Jannick (loan) and Mendy for a combined £95m which is outrageous really

I think there's been a fair few panic incomings, where i've taken a punt and drifted from only wanting to sign U23's, but i'll fully implement that next season.

Incomings £60m

- Livakovic

- Ronnie Edwards (back out on loan)

- Ceballos (panic number one but cheap)

- Marmoush (a cheap left wing back up)

- Thomas Lemar (panic number 2 but playing brilliantly on the left)

- Tuta (new CB who has been superb)

- Mauro Arambarri (to replace Mendy as midfield back up)

- Szoboszlai (on loan, feels like cheating lol)

- Thierry Rendall Correia (young RB, looks class)

Main issue so far has been rotating to keep everyone happy, i've overloaded on the left wing with selling Barnes in the summer in mind (he's playing terribly in comparison to Lemar) and also RB and LB is becoming an issue because they've made Luke Thomas class lol. So i've currently got Thomas starting and tearing shit up, with JJ and Kristiansen on the bench. On the other side Castagne is also playing superbly and Correia when he plays is doing well (gets injured a lot though).

Kel is up top and the only one really doing anything of note. Tete started slowly but is now absolutely immense. 

Had a pretty flat start with lots of draws, but kicking on now, defence is rock solid, sitting 6th mid October and a lovely run of games heading into the world cup.

I played KDH until retirement... he actually looked like one of the best players in the game!

29 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I played KDH until retirement... he actually looked like one of the best players in the game!

He was starting for me until somehow Szoboszlai become available for loan! 

MFW I have £4k room in the wage budget and the board won't let me pay >£825 to any new signings (bought or loan). :( 

EDIT: From what I can tell it's a bug - though I can't post on the steam forum 'cuz I don't care for that Steam Guard.

So we ended up playing 9 - yes, 9 - pre-season friendlies! If we're not match fit now, then... :ph34r:

Edited by PhillippaT

17 hours ago, Stinky said:

God this is shit

This was posted after a fairly rancid pre-season (I beat Ascoli 2-0 though), 1 unconvincing point from my first two league games and being unable to hire a first team coach, physio and scout. 

However since then i've actually gone on a very decent run, heading in to the winter break top of the table 60% of the way through the season although it is very tight up here. Would be unbeaten since the first game of the season if it wasn't for some bullshit 2-1 defeat where I conceded 2 goals from corners in the 94th and 97th minute in a game I dominated. We;re predicted 13th so are definitely over-performing. The squad is generally pretty good albeit bare of depth. Got a weird league rule where we must play atleast 3 u21 players for the first half of matches. Got about 6 or 7 loans, Hajduk were my parent club when I got the job thankfully so i've utilised that but i'm unable to loan any players from Dinamo because their B team play in the same league and they have no interest in loaning them out. Only just twigged we've not been part of the Croatian Cup this season, only 8 2nd tier sides (half in total) appear to have had any involvement in it but plenty of teams below our level have. So thats a bit weird. 

Only one spot up for promotion from this league but 5 relegation spots. 35 was said to be the magic number to stay up but we've just reached that before the winter break. Typical small club situation though where most of my players are out of contract at the end of the season and probably want more than I can afford to give them so will be a case of constant rebuilds anyway. Club finances are actually improving as the season goes on and we are about £500 under wage budget (equivalent to about 2 or 3 good players)

4 hours ago, Stinky said:

This was posted after a fairly rancid pre-season (I beat Ascoli 2-0 though), 1 unconvincing point from my first two league games and being unable to hire a first team coach, physio and scout. 

However since then i've actually gone on a very decent run, heading in to the winter break top of the table 60% of the way through the season although it is very tight up here. Would be unbeaten since the first game of the season if it wasn't for some bullshit 2-1 defeat where I conceded 2 goals from corners in the 94th and 97th minute in a game I dominated. We;re predicted 13th so are definitely over-performing. The squad is generally pretty good albeit bare of depth. Got a weird league rule where we must play atleast 3 u21 players for the first half of matches. Got about 6 or 7 loans, Hajduk were my parent club when I got the job thankfully so i've utilised that but i'm unable to loan any players from Dinamo because their B team play in the same league and they have no interest in loaning them out. Only just twigged we've not been part of the Croatian Cup this season, only 8 2nd tier sides (half in total) appear to have had any involvement in it but plenty of teams below our level have. So thats a bit weird. 

Only one spot up for promotion from this league but 5 relegation spots. 35 was said to be the magic number to stay up but we've just reached that before the winter break. Typical small club situation though where most of my players are out of contract at the end of the season and probably want more than I can afford to give them so will be a case of constant rebuilds anyway. Club finances are actually improving as the season goes on and we are about £500 under wage budget (equivalent to about 2 or 3 good players)

Been pulling my hair out over this shite this afternoon. Proper fell off a cliff after about 20 games, performances were so dour, can't score goals, struggling to even have a shot inside the first 30mins of most matches which is annoying given the first half of the season we had a good record of scoring early goals. We fell 6pts behind the leaders Solin with 4 games to play who were on red hot form, but then they massively stuttered and I was able to win my 27, 28th and 29th games to take a 1pt lead in to the final match. We were both at home but to 3rd and 4th respectively, who were both just out of title contention. I took an early lead but drew, they went behind and came back to win it fairly late on. I've no idea how we finished 2nd as our attacking options are utter shite, top goal scorer has 7 goals. Still will take this given the squad hated me at the start of the season because I didn't give them the target of relegation to achieve. 

Ipswich are proper doing my head in trying to catch them lol

6 points behind with 1 game in hand but we also have Ipswich next, going to need them to drop points elsewhere even if we beat them and win our game in hand though with how much higher their goal difference is

image.png.0ab2c3920e5bcc7b5278fd7ea2e1a4aa.png

We have managed to win the Pizza cup after comfortably beating Derby in the Final though!

image.thumb.png.ec6c4831440f0e279e7b625218c1012f.png

Are some of the Cup draws in this game rigged, or is it just me?  The Greek Cup 6th round draw would never give me anyone else but Panathinaikos - (and I reloaded it a lot to test - even older saves a week before the draw, to be sure...).

(Yes I know it's 3am, but..... ARGH - IT'S GOT ME!!! :P)

Edited by PhillippaT

This Football manager lark is easy, innit? I've started off with a 10-match unbeaten run :D  (That I hope we can continue until we meet Panathinaikos (without any bloody-B/C whatever ;) ))

8yQPv9w.jpg

EDIT: Still unbeaten by Jan, though some of the tactical negative feedback I'm now getting is almost funny, e.g. (paraphrase): 0 goals scored from periods of possession lasting less than 10 seconds.  Well, DUH! :P

Edited by PhillippaT

Started 3 saves since the update that I'm going to flick between and revisit, as I couldn't settle on one yet. So I've got Athlone Town in Ireland, Rentistas in Uruguay and Esbjerg in Denmark. I think I'll end up binning the Danish save the other two seem more enjoyable and I like doing South America, so no doubt my Athlone Town save will fall away as well.

On 10/03/2023 at 17:28, Stinky said:

Been pulling my hair out over this shite this afternoon. Proper fell off a cliff after about 20 games, performances were so dour, can't score goals, struggling to even have a shot inside the first 30mins of most matches which is annoying given the first half of the season we had a good record of scoring early goals. We fell 6pts behind the leaders Solin with 4 games to play who were on red hot form, but then they massively stuttered and I was able to win my 27, 28th and 29th games to take a 1pt lead in to the final match. We were both at home but to 3rd and 4th respectively, who were both just out of title contention. I took an early lead but drew, they went behind and came back to win it fairly late on. I've no idea how we finished 2nd as our attacking options are utter shite, top goal scorer has 7 goals. Still will take this given the squad hated me at the start of the season because I didn't give them the target of relegation to achieve. 

Second season saw a change to the format of the league. The high number of relegation spots the season before (5) is explained as the league now becomes a 12 team league instead of 16. One up, one down and one relegation play off, sides play each other 3 times. Managed to pull together a squad, but i'd gone like 1k over my 5k wage budget so most of my work was loans. Started the season poorly and hovered in and above the relegation zone after half a dozen games but managed to find some sort of mojo up until the winter break, climbing to about 5th. Lost a few loan players in the winter because their contracts expired at their parent clubs in January. Had a really strong end to the season, going 15-20 games unbeaten and getting to within 3pts of leaders Varazdin before they beat us 2-0 at theirs. They wrapped it up with 2 games to go, I finished 3rd behind Dinamo B. Another solid season but did actively spend the 2nd half of it looking for jobs. I applied for Zaglebie Soswoniec (or some shite) who were bottom of the Polish top division, ideally i'd like my next move to be there or Latvia. They said no but weirdly I did get a few offers from Croatia First League clubs without even applying, including Hajduk. But Warta Poznan of the 2nd tier laughed off my interest. Odd. Highlight of the season was knocking out top tier Sibenek away from home in the Cup, a month after their manager recalled one of my loanees because (despite playing him virtually every match) I wasn't playing him in the role I promised. Eventually got knocked out in the QFs at home to Hajduk in a surprisingly even contest to a 120th minute winner. Got a new stadium in the pipeline but there's not a chance I will be here to see it

So now I'm running into the problem I feared once I looked at the club - there's a lot of contracts running out at the end of this season, including most of our best players, and I had a feeling I'd struggle to keep some of them past the mid-season transfer window if we couldn't renew any contracts (due to being broke).

So one of my best midfielders (and penalty taker) David Nazim is now leaving... :(  I've got another player coming in on a free, but not as good...  We'll see what a 5k transfer budget can do for me next... *Crosses fingers*

Hopefully the rest of the team won't be joining him..........

Lower-league footy management, eh? :D 

English B-Team Project

I added B-teams to all premier league teams and placed 10 teams in the vanarama north and 10 teams in the vanarama south.

I took charge of Leicester B who were made up of mostly youth players and Smithies but Rodgers would send 1st team players down to build up their fitness so players such as Praet, Brunt and Mendy played quite a lot of games during the season.

I won the league convincingly with Wanya and the two Pennent's contributing well and 6' 6" Ronny Nelson scoring 26 goals from CB.

Leicester City B_ Best Eleven.png

Vanarama National League North_ Profile.png

Vanarama National League South_ Profile.png

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 12:16, Tommy Fresh said:

Started 3 saves since the update that I'm going to flick between and revisit, as I couldn't settle on one yet. So I've got Athlone Town in Ireland, Rentistas in Uruguay and Esbjerg in Denmark. I think I'll end up binning the Danish save the other two seem more enjoyable and I like doing South America, so no doubt my Athlone Town save will fall away as well.

After this binned them all and started a new one with Gimnasia in Argentina, haven't touched Argentina since FM19 I think it was when I had my favourite ever save with Velez. Gimnasia aren't particularly big, but reckon I have towards 40 players with 5 star potential. 

English B-Team Project v2

I put all 20 B-teams into League 2 as they were too good for the national league and the squad registration rules prevented the main teams from dropping players down for fitness in the league games.

I once again took charge of Leicester B and finished a well deserved 2nd place behind Chelsea B, Kian Pennant was the leagues top scorer with Alves and Braybrooke also staring.

Meanwhile Leicester struggled in the Premier league and sacked Rodgers with the club in the relegation zone, they replaced him with Paulo Fonseca who won 3 of his last 5 games to finish 17th and send Forest down on goal difference.

Leicester City B_ Best Eleven.png

Sky Bet League Two_ Profile.png

English Premier Division_ Profile.png

Never seen this before lol Banished a first team player to rot in the reserves (promised to offer a contract which I did but he rejected kind of situation) but I kept him on the bench. Start of December my youth teams' winter break starts and so this guy goes off on holiday with them aswell making him unavailable for the first team who still had 2 or 3 games left. Didn't realise he was automatically put in the youth team after our chat, but I was able to reinstate him to the main squad and was immediately available to play lol

• Haha 1

Woo. Cracking season where things finally clicked from more or less day one, an early 6-0 defeat at Dinamo II aside. Surge in form around October/November saw me take a 7pt lead into the winter break. Dinamo and Rudes came on strong before the latter fell away, sealed promotion with 2 games to spare as Dinamo aren't allowed to be promoted. Made the cup QF again but lost away at Dinamo's first team. Promotion was timely because most first team players' contracts expire in the summer. New wage budget is 20k (from 5.5k) so have been able to easily offer all players new contracts. Still got too many loanees here but should be able to get a few permanent players and also utilise Dinamo's academy. New stadium is confirmed (13k capacity) and will be ready in a year for when we return to the 2nd tier probably. Have kept applying for Polish 2nd tier/lower top tier jobs but no luck. Literally in the middle of applying for Cracovia, Stal Mielec and some other side I can't spell but if the last 18 months is anything to go by they probably won't even get back to me. Been turned down by Zaglebie Sosnowiec twice now because of my lack of experience in getting sides promoted. I've now been promoted, they've now had a double relegation 🖐

image.thumb.png.1b9511ddcf650d97ab69d67c1093d699.png

Tidy league is the Croatian 2nd Division, don't think i've ever played midweek in 3 seasons here. Would recommend @Finnegan

• Haha 1

I can't find it now but I've got a photo somewhere of me at NK Rovinj's ground in the Croatian third division. 

Win the UEFA Conference League with them and I'll be impressed. 

Edit: Apparently they're now in the fifth tier which is definitely very amateur. So good luck. 

Edited by Finnegan

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't find it now but I've got a photo somewhere of me at NK Rovinj's ground in the Croatian third division. 

Win the UEFA Conference League with them and I'll be impressed. 

Edit: Apparently they're now in the fifth tier which is definitely very amateur. So good luck. 

I don't want to win the UEFA Conference League I want to win the Polish 2nd division. 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Dream bigger.

I'm just glad the game isn't following real life in regards to the division I'm playing in... (Greece 2nd League South (Chania))  I just HAD to check Wikipedia to see what it was really like... Oh dear.  We'll hopefully win the league and then we'll see what happens... (Is there any money in this sport round there or not?)

On 14/03/2023 at 16:24, Stinky said:

Woo. Cracking season where things finally clicked from more or less day one, an early 6-0 defeat at Dinamo II aside. Surge in form around October/November saw me take a 7pt lead into the winter break. Dinamo and Rudes came on strong before the latter fell away, sealed promotion with 2 games to spare as Dinamo aren't allowed to be promoted. Made the cup QF again but lost away at Dinamo's first team. Promotion was timely because most first team players' contracts expire in the summer. New wage budget is 20k (from 5.5k) so have been able to easily offer all players new contracts. Still got too many loanees here but should be able to get a few permanent players and also utilise Dinamo's academy. New stadium is confirmed (13k capacity) and will be ready in a year for when we return to the 2nd tier probably. Have kept applying for Polish 2nd tier/lower top tier jobs but no luck. Literally in the middle of applying for Cracovia, Stal Mielec and some other side I can't spell but if the last 18 months is anything to go by they probably won't even get back to me. Been turned down by Zaglebie Sosnowiec twice now because of my lack of experience in getting sides promoted. I've now been promoted, they've now had a double relegation 🖐

image.thumb.png.1b9511ddcf650d97ab69d67c1093d699.png

Tidy league is the Croatian 2nd Division, don't think i've ever played midweek in 3 seasons here. Would recommend @Finnegan

Pre-season for the top division started two weeks after the 2nd tier league ended. Eventually right at the end of June these Polish clubs got back to me. Sandejca first, saying they want me but they cant afford compensation, can I talk to my board? Which I do and they reluctantly accept to let me go which was very sweet. Then the next day the other two (bigger and better) clubs come back with the same... but I don't have the option to talk to my board so I cheat a little bit, go backwards and replay the last few days and decide to ask the board to accept the Stal Mielec offer (Cracovia are bigger than what i'm looking for). Sign a handful of players for Zmijavci and play a few pre-season games before I finally get offered the Stal Mielec job. Predicted 2nd (behind Cracovia) so gonna be pressure right from the start but have a tidy transfer budget and space on the wage budget to add to my very thin squad.