Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2023

I see the usual suspects on twitter are out panning the lack of graphical changes and match engine changes.

I don't really get peoples surprise every year, if they took match engine to the level people expected, half the people who buy the game would end up having to buy a ridiculous spec laptop just to play the bloody thing.

It's a simple game, it's addictive as ****, why do people so badly need it to look different? 

I play it because I love things like scouting, tactics, etc. I don't buy it to see a perfect representation of Jamie Vardys face on my screen scoring goals for fun. 

Think some YouTubers need to stick to FUT.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I see the usual suspects on twitter are out panning the lack of graphical changes and match engine changes.

I don't really get peoples surprise every year, if they took match engine to the level people expected, half the people who buy the game would end up having to buy a ridiculous spec laptop just to play the bloody thing.

It's a simple game, it's addictive as ****, why do people so badly need it to look different? 

I play it because I love things like scouting, tactics, etc. I don't buy it to see a perfect representation of Jamie Vardys face on my screen scoring goals for fun. 

i dont want to see fifa level graphics, i would like it improved though. 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I don't really care about the graphics generally (I have matches on 2D for heaven's sake) and wouldn't normally complain about them because, like you, they're not what I play the game for. However, I make an exception when they try to pass off minor visual upgrades as a big new feature despite them very obviously still being shit. I thought it was very funny when Miles Jacobson recently shared on Twitter what he clearly thought was an impressive example of the new manager faces despite it being an abomination with pipe cleaners for eyebrows. 

Complaints about the match engine are fair enough though I think, whether it's long-standing issues like defenders playing opposition strikers through with slide tackles or newer ones like players in 22 being completely unable to track midfield runs from deep. I don't expect it to be so authentic that I could squint and believe I'm watching a real life game but the effort put into trying to make things like transfers, scouting, training, team dynamics etc. feel immersive and authentic seems wasted if the whole charade completely falls apart when you get to actually playing matches.

Speaking of long-standing issues, I think I recall them saying they've tried to make players more likely to play passes across goal rather than getting to the tightest possible angle and battering it into the side netting and I would very much like to know if they have succeeded in this endeavour.

• Like 1

Started a Leicester save to check out the squad and see how much funds could generate to sign a keeper and RW. Managed to get decent fee's for a few of the players in the last year of their contract. No offers for Cags strangely, so offered him a new contact to keep as a squad player. Jannik rejected  contracts from PSV & Fulham after they bid 9.5 mill for him!

image.png.85a19bc52488f1afd8bd563157a7607f.png

SUEEEE PERBBBBB

Signed Haidara so that I could let Youri go for decent cash.... two days later Haidara has done his ACL.

Rebuild was going really well but I might now have to spend money earmarked for a keeper on another CM :( 

I've gone rogue to solve our right winger problem by... simply not ****ing having one lol bit of a lopsided asymetric but it's producing plenty of goals in pre season, just need to see how it fairs in the league defensively. 

Edited by AjcW

4 hours ago, turlo said:

Started a Leicester save to check out the squad and see how much funds could generate to sign a keeper and RW. Managed to get decent fee's for a few of the players in the last year of their contract. No offers for Cags strangely, so offered him a new contact to keep as a squad player. Jannik rejected  contracts from PSV & Fulham after they bid 9.5 mill for him!

image.png.85a19bc52488f1afd8bd563157a7607f.png

i sold the same players to brighton and villa lol. vestergaard is STILL HERE ****er wont leave, but i kept amartey, new contract too. hes decent and versatile

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 10:18, AjcW said:

On 26/10/2022 at 12:45, Beliall said:

i dont want to see fifa level graphics, i would like it improved though. 

Maybe @Ricey can shed some light on this for us. Obviously it goes through tweaks and updates every year, but is it right that that it's still the core 3D match engine that was first introduced in 2008?

Kinda mad if they're relying on a 15 year old engine. But hey, if it ain't broke... 

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Maybe @Ricey can shed some light on this for us. Obviously it goes through tweaks and updates every year, but is it right that that it's still the core 3D match engine that was first introduced in 2008?

Kinda mad if they're relying on a 15 year old engine. But hey, if it ain't broke... 

It’s the same engine, but it’s constantly being worked on to improve things. The animation side of things has really improved over the last few years.

The lack of attention that the visuals received was a big bug bear of mine when I was at SI. They were seen as a ‘nice to have’, which is understandable, but at the same time I always felt like it was the one area of the game that felt unauthentic due to how it looked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazed they've still not managed to find a way to make moving someone into a midfield two to make it a midfield three easier on the tactic screen.... rather than taking 9292858234 attempts and many frustrating position swaps lol 

• Like 3