Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What past player would you take that would get us out of our current predicament?

36 minutes ago, Shane said:

This thread highlights the mistakes we’ve made in the transfer market. To not have any Huth, Walsh or Wes Morgan type of players in the squad after spending 200m+ under Brendan is really poor.

That is a great observation - we really have brought in a very passive, non aggressive bunch 

• Like 1

Huth. Maybe not for his on-the-pitch contributions (although prime Huth would be amazing) but I've a feeling he'd be the best person to light a fire under any players not giving their all and we'd perform better purely from a motivation point of view. Heck, bring him into the coaching fold for exactly that reason. Can't do any harm.

See also: Wasilewski.

We need a proper hard-case in the squad.

On the complete flip side, Mahrez would solve a lot of problems for us going forwards and actually having a somewhat reliable and consistent frontline (Barnes - Maddison - Mahrez behind 1 or 2 strikers) would simplify a lot of our overall game. The lack of an out-and-out right winger just means a lot of our lineups end up confused 

• Like 4

Mahrez would be chief amongst the malcontents.

Wes Morgan has the kind of character we need... but Rodgers wouldn't select because Wes doesn't train well.

(Aside: Fek me, I reckon I've just worked out what Rodgers wants/expects - a team of puppies! That's what he means. Not that certain players aren't doing enough in training. It's that they won't take his instruction, they're questioning it)

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Collibosher70 said:

Steve Walsh.

Nasty at the back...a leader...can score from set pieces...can play up front when needed.

And he’d knock Rodgers out…

Yes, Steve Walsh…

👍