Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

What past player would you take that would get us out of our current predicament?

Huth is the best answer I think. Really needs someone to come in and sort out this defence the same way he did in Jan 2016.

Not convinced Mahrez or Kante are the answer here, though they’d obviously improve the team, we’re scoring plenty of goals already and I’m not sure Kante would suit Rodgers’ style of 80% possession and side to side passing tbh.

We’re not bottom of the league because of our attack, we’re bottom of the league because of our defence (including goalkeeper as part of that).

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

It wouldn't matter, because when a manager has so totally lost the plot as Fraudgers and the team has tuned him out, the die is cast.  But if the question was what player would I take to try and save us if we installed "neutral manager A" tomorrow, it would be peak Kante.

• Like 1

Huth or Morgan is the obvious (recent) choice to firm up our rickety defence, but......

I'm going for Shinji Okazaki

Yes, we have defensive and tactical issues, but loss of morale and positivity is now a major problem - among the team, but also among the crowd.

Shinji was rarely, if ever, the best technical player on the pitch, but his positivity seemed to breed positivity in teammates and fans alike. During his period, we were generally a better team when he played than when he didn't.

Seeing Shinji charging into opposing defenders would get other players to up their positivity and get the fans behind the team..... :yesyes:

• Like 1