Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Needs to be dropped for Coady or Souttar to just show he isn't undroppable and give him a kick up the arse. There's no middle ground with Wout he's either shit or fairly good, you never get a 6/10 from him which isn't something you want in a centre half

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

Once again the good people of Foxestalk have bracketed a player in the useless/terrible  group, this a man picked for Belgium on Tuesday, which has De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, amongst others and who will play in the Euro’s…..the bloke can play…..the team isn’t……..

It was interesting to hear a neutral perspective from the radio commentators. They were saying Bristol were targeting Faes because they’d identified him as the weak link, and that he was really struggling against Conway. They reckoned Faes had a terrible game and were actually laughing at how bad Belgium’s defence must be for him to make the squad.

Maybe Faes is struggling because he is being asked by Enzo to do something he just can’t do, and that has destroyed his confidence. I don’t know. But we have other options in that position and it’s clear the guy needs a break. It wasn’t pleasant hearing neutral commentators laugh at how bad our defence is. The first half of the season is starting to feel like a lifetime ago. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

He's on the poorest run of form he's had since being at the club. Rate him as a player but he's become irrational and a bomb scare. 

Get him on the bench and mix it up, Coady and his leadership needed more than ever

7 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He's on the poorest run of form he's had since being at the club. Rate him as a player but he's become irrational and a bomb scare. 

Get him on the bench and mix it up, Coady and his leadership needed more than ever

There's no way Coady will play alongside Vesty no matter what form Faes is in. Its simply a matter of pace and Faes is the only centrsl defender we have with it - bomb scare or not. With Coady and Vesty together speedy forwards will have a field day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like his gesticulating. Like most of us who have played football as adults you recognise that flapping your arms about when someone isn't where you've passed the ball to does not help any one.

Anyone on our team that is. All it does is make our opposition think theses are mardy, thier heads have gone we can upset them easy.

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Once again the good people of Foxestalk have bracketed a player in the useless/terrible  group, this a man picked for Belgium on Tuesday, which has De Bruyne, Lukaku, Tielemans, amongst others and who will play in the Euro’s…..the bloke can play…..the team isn’t……..

He was sent on to shore things up for them and they almost immediately conceded. Is Praet good because he played for Belgium a couple of times? 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He was sent on to shore things up for them and they almost immediately conceded. Is Praet good because he played for Belgium a couple of times? 

Yes as a matter of fact he is…….

• Haha 1

And if Vardy scores one, just one of four easy chances we win the game……concede one and the entire back four is shite…..I was told if you concede one, you don’t expect to lose, as you should score in 90 minutes…..is anyone going on Monday…….

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You see the worst of Faes and not so worst of him in one short clip... 

Totally loses all focus after Ricardo wins the ball back and therefore doesn't see a pass to him. Then manages to flick the ball past their player and keep possession lol lol

There was a point in the second half when we'd over committed to an attack and the ball broke to a Norwich player near the half way line ... Faes came charging in and made a very smart foul which allowed us to regroup. I can't tell if there's a player in there or not at times but that was great! 

• Like 4

Faes is an interesting one. I've never felt settled with him in the side. However, he was clearly very good at the start of this season. You just know there is a drop in form, lapse in concentration in him. I think he was a panic buy post Fofana. 7 more games of him, where I hope he has a purple patch of form. After that, regardless of where we finish he should be one of the first out to generate the sales. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Faes is an interesting one. I've never felt settled with him in the side. However, he was clearly very good at the start of this season. You just know there is a drop in form, lapse in concentration in him. I think he was a panic buy post Fofana. 7 more games of him, where I hope he has a purple patch of form. After that, regardless of where we finish he should be one of the first out to generate the sales. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him sold either. It's the lapses in concentration that get me. And he's still a bit rash. Which makes him unpredictable. For a defender that unsettles me too much... 

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You see the worst of Faes and not so worst of him in one short clip... 

Totally loses all focus after Ricardo wins the ball back and therefore doesn't see a pass to him. Then manages to flick the ball past their player and keep possession lol lol

If the clip carries on, Faes loses possession. He makes me angry 

• Like 3

He plays a very demanding and complex role in fairness to him. I don't feel hugely confident with him in the side but Enzo does seem to expect him to play about 7 different roles/positions simultaneously 

Didn't appreciate the audacity of the man to cup his ear when we got our first goal (in response to us cheering whenever they passed to Adbul).

When they finally gave Abdul the ball, we looked dangerous.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2024 at 09:54, the draper said:

Thing is he has never Been a solid defended 

But two managers have now staked their careers on him 

Wouldn't say staked a career but if you want to use Rodgers as an example, he did the same with Danny Ward. 

The problem is as Enzo said in one of his press conferences Faes is the only one of the CB with a slight amount of pace - you really can’t play Vestergaard and Coady due to the lack of pace with the way we like to play. 

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and he’s absolutely right to cup his ear to the twats in our stands.

The cheers didn’t happen a couple of times, it was every time Fatawu received the ball. Embarrassing behaviour. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and he’s absolutely right to cup his ear to the twats in our stands.

The cheers didn’t happen a couple of times, it was every time Fatawu received the ball. Embarrassing behaviour. 

Because every game fatawu ends up having a go at him, and being consoled by about 3 players as he heads to the tunnel. Every single game fatawu is stood alone and faes either won't look at him despite him desperately shouting for the ball, or just out right refuses and plays it back inside. 

• Like 1