Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Wout Faes or farce as I’ve called him when starts to drop clangers has decent qualities.  He also has a tendency to be unpredictable. Enzo even mentioned it when he went through a period of making mad decisions. It’s about focus with him. When he’s not focused or head in the game he’s a massive liability. We’ve seen it in the prem and slightly less in the championship. Premier league he will come up against the best of the best and if he’s not in the right frame of mind he makes catastrophic decisions.

a luxury for us would be to have a better alround defender and have faes as a sub just for emergencies. On his good days though he can be a life saver and an important player with his pace and physical strength. If he wants to go let him go so we can find someone better.

He will get found out again in the premier league. If we can get anything close to what we paid get rid.  Him and vesty in the premier league is to reckless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

So now that Maresca has gone. it seems like some people have moved on to their next target...

I've criticised Faes since he's been here. I happily praised him the first half of this season but his form improved with a relegation.

Can't wait til we get rid of him.

• Haha 2

People get fooled by a few good runs or passes, look at the goals we’ve conceded over the last two years and you’ll soon realise theres a distinct pattern, if hes not outright making a rash mistake hes very often getting caught out of position or beaten easier than he should have been. At least 50% of the goals we’ve conceded in the past two years is because someones got the better of Faes. 

• Like 4

On 04/06/2024 at 17:40, Dames said:

People get fooled by a few good runs or passes, look at the goals we’ve conceded over the last two years and you’ll soon realise theres a distinct pattern, if hes not outright making a rash mistake hes very often getting caught out of position or beaten easier than he should have been. At least 50% of the goals we’ve conceded in the past two years is because someones got the better of Faes. 

This! 100% glad I'm not the only one who sees it. I will personally drive the wooly haired twat wherever he wants to go! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2024 at 17:40, Dames said:

I see what you're saying here, and I do agree to an extent, but I feel this is the case with the vast majority of center backs (getting the blame for 50% of goals conceded. It kinda goes with the job). I actually quite like Faes, as a defender, and I feel he is actually quite a bit better than he is given credit for.

However, him and Vestergaard, in a two, is pure suicide in the Premier League, and should never be seen or even considered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I see what you're saying here, and I do agree to an extent, but I feel this is the case with the vast majority of center backs (getting the blame for 50% of goals conceded. It kinda goes with the job). I actually quite like Faes, as a defender, and I feel he is actually quite a bit better than he is given credit for.

However, him and Vestergaard, in a two, is pure suicide in the Premier League, and should never be seen or even considered.

I think Wout has been at fault for more goals than even Amartey though in his time here.

I’m really not Faes’ biggest fan and would happily let him go but I have a feeling he’ll be here next season so let’s see if a more pragmatic Cooper works better for Faes?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think Wout has been at fault for more goals than even Amartey though in his time here.

I’m really not Faes’ biggest fan and would happily let him go but I have a feeling he’ll be here next season so let’s see if a more pragmatic Cooper works better for Faes?

Pragmatism could be the worst thing for him, he sometimes gets an easy ride because he can dribble a bit but if the only side of him we get is the rash side with the hazard perception of a suicide bomber then it won’t be good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Pragmatism could be the worst thing for him, he sometimes gets an easy ride because he can dribble a bit but if the only side of him we get is the rash side with the hazard perception of a suicide bomber then it won’t be good.

To be fair that’s a great shout.

I was probably being too optimistic but pictured us playing with a low block making him realize he’s not the next coming of VVD, his lack of pace when out of position always does it for me.

It seems likely we will sign Rodon.

Faes has the greatest value of current centre backs and it make sense to sell; I am sure he would command a similar fee to that we  would have to pay for Fatwu. (or if considering receiving transfer fees, I would think better not to receive Bologna's money for Kristiansen.) In other words, both Fatwu and Kristiansen both greater assets to City than Faes.

I am sure there will be interest across Europe with a current Belgian international player...

12 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

It seems likely we will sign Rodon.

Faes has the greatest value of current centre backs and it make sense to sell; I am sure he would command a similar fee to that we  would have to pay for Fatwu. (or if considering receiving transfer fees, I would think better not to receive Bologna's money for Kristiansen.) In other words, both Fatwu and Kristiansen both greater assets to City than Faes.

I am sure there will be interest across Europe with a current Belgian international player...

Fatawu definitely,   But I wouldn't call Kristiansen a better asset that Faes. At least Faes has played alongside Vesty all season and has won a league Medal.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

I believe his Reims squad was fairly pragmatic and he was the leader of the defense.

• 1 month later...
On 30/04/2024 at 09:09, foxfanazer said:

Questions? There's university lectures about him lol

On 02/05/2024 at 17:36, TheLittleBigMan said:

He looks like Leo Sayer. lol

image.jpeg.632fb93e0f920c13bc096c5be2cad38e.jpeg

You are humiliating me…. He looks like a Faes…. You even don’t know what that means….

• Haha 1