Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

On 03/10/2022 at 22:49, Col city fan said:

Overall I like how he plays. He’s no nonsense, not frightened to get his head in (I think and hope he’ll really improve us at set pieces) and is very keen to impress. He has a point to prove, which is always good to see.

Cult hero in the making!

Given he seems to be digging people out I guess I'll leave this here and the forum can decide what to do with the information :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Given he seems to be digging people out I guess I'll leave this here and the forum can decide what to do with the information :)

The point i was making (as I'm sure you know full well) is that these comments were made after one game, where we'd shipped 6 goals.

Go back through the thread and you'll see what I mean

Re ' cult hero'... oh the irony..

lol

Edited by Col city fan

7 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He’s not a scapegoat and doesn’t warrant or need defending but that was an atrocious defensive performance - no good going on about it as I’m sure he’ll start the next game. My concern is whether he has the capacity to learn from his mistakes 

Not hard surely for a pro footballer! All he has to do next game is not miss kick the ball 4 times and he’ll already have a better game.

Quite worrying how bad todays performance was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Our best player according to whoscored. What did he do wrong today?

I'm expecting about 10 clear examples how people are going on about him lol

Haha laughable!

Poor back pass too Ward in the first half.

Like I said before he made about 4 miss kicks including the one which led to their first goal. Was abysmal defending for that first goal!

• Like 1

I maybe need to watch the game again because I cannot see why Faes is being picked out. He was constantly covering for Justin as he was found absent on that right side, Evans was the one who looked slow and poor to me. I remember the mis kick and letting their player get in front of him which led to the goal but in equal measure he made some great tackles.

I thought first half he was one of the best players on the pitch.

Edited by splinterdream

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Haha laughable!

Poor back pass too Ward in the first half.

Like I said before he made about 4 miss kicks including the one which led to their first goal. Was abysmal defending for that first goal!

Cor, I just watched that 1st goal back lol

I hope that's just a result of Rodgers insisting on trying to pass everything rather than taking the safe option. Why he tried to pass that back on the stretch I do not know

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I hope that's just a result of Rodgers insisting on trying to pass everything rather than taking the safe option. Why he tried to pass that back on the stretch I do not know

I don’t usually jump on new guys like this but I’m fed up with our team as a whole!

They all get a fresh start once Rodger the Dodger gets the boot! Whenever that is😩

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

None of our players are exactly flourishing under Rodgers (Maddison aside - but he's a different gravy and I hope he gets out before even he is ruined)

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I don’t usually jump on new guys like this but I’m fed up with our team as a whole!

They all get a fresh start once Rodger the Dodger gets the boot! Whenever that is😩

To his credit, he got back in and blocked the first shot :D 

Frustration is understandable at the minute. Fortunately for me I stopped caring about our results sometime last year and I just give a chuckle every time we Rodgers it up.

Can't wait till he goes so I can enjoy watching us again

• Like 2

What worries me is that he’s going to come up against much much tougher opponents than Solanke and the Forest no.9 who is so anonymous I can’t be arsed to look up his name but who still earned himself a 1 on 1 with the (alleged) keeper. 
The Liverpool front 3, Jesus, Haaland. Kane & Son who he’s already faced…..if he’s wobbling at the mighty Solanke it’s going to be painful to watch. Early days though, new colleagues, system, style to adapt to and a clown in goal emanating nervousness.  

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I maybe need to watch the game again because I cannot see why Faes is being picked out. He was constantly covering for Justin as he was found absent on that right side, Evans was the one who looked slow and poor to me. I remember the mis kick and letting their player get in front of him which led to the goal but in equal measure he made some great tackles.

I thought first half he was one of the best players on the pitch.

When you want something to be true so much, probably on this occasion because he has funky hair, you tend to only look for the good.

He is a piss poor excuse for a Prem defender. Another terrible buy in the long list over the last 3 seasons. This is why we are where we are.

Yeah having watched the goals again, as bad as the 1st goal is, the 2nd goal is way worse.

He makes 3 mistakes essentially, doesn’t bother jumping for the cross he can make, then completely loses the goal scorer in the middle when it comes back across because he’s looking around aimlessly, then finally jogs back when he could save it off the line.

It’s not just an error leading to a goal, it’s 3 errors leading to a goal

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1