Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

99% of his game was good, but clearly a few errors have led to goals. But he's not the only one, they didn't lead directly to goals. There was plenty of opportunity for multiple players to prevent goals

Team just didn’t play the second half, think we thought we’d already won it the way we were playing 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I thought you were setting up a joke with your first line.

Can you explain what you mean by this? "You're as good as your last game?"

How would you use this information

to inform your decision making?

Didn't think it needed explaining but i'll try if you're struggling

It was in response to an excitable.....

'Totally written off after a month. 

Amazing'. 

The point being he was ok against a very poor Forest side but wasn't great against Bournemouth. Seems reasonable to judge a player on their last game.. He hasn't been written off but are you not allowed to point this out without fear of offending? 

He'll come good hopefully but he wasn't yesterday

14 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Didn't think it needed explaining but i'll try if you're struggling

It was in response to an excitable.....

'Totally written off after a month. 

Amazing'. 

The point being he was ok against a very poor Forest side but wasn't great against Bournemouth. Seems reasonable to judge a player on their last game.. He hasn't been written off but are you not allowed to point this out without fear of offending? 

He'll come good hopefully but he wasn't yesterday

Of course you can look at it from another point of view. What happens when we play better teams when this carthorse plays like he did against Bournemouth?

I see posts that we shouldn't write him off yet, there is a good player there blah blah. I have yet to see it. Slow, ponderous and positioning woeful. Going to be a very long season.

16 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Team just didn’t play the second half, think we thought we’d already won it the way we were playing 

Seems to be a regular occurrence. The amount of times we’ve conceded and lost matches after substitutions and tactic changes is astounding. Every other club in the league just have to press second half, especially the final 20 minutes and they can fold us like tissue paper.

I’ve not watched back, but from where I was sat I’d have thought Amartey was more at fault than Faes? That’s another regular bloody occurrence.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Weird that the folk occupying this thread slagging him off aren't doing the same with Evans 

Just watched the highlights again. For Bournemouth's 2nd goal, he starts running towards other players for no apparent reason. If he holds his position, Christie doesn't have an easy chance to tap in. 

Total lapse in discipline and concentration. The other Bournemouth player he ran towards, was already covered. I don't get where he was running to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Evans can get to **** too.  is that better?  Still doesn't change the fact he has been absolute shite so far.

Faes hasn't been shite the entire time has he though, I'd also like people to be fair and not criticise one player when others are as culpable. Evans for the most part seems to get off very lightly.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Faes hasn't been shite the entire time has he though, I'd also like people to be fair and not criticise one player when others are as culpable

Yes he has.  He has looked out of his depth against Spurs as soon as Son came on (like the rest of the defence) and was lucky not to gift Forest 2 goals on Monday.  Both of the goals were his fault on Saturday.

You can argue with me about it if you want but it will not change the facts.  I am as fair as anyone else but he is not good enough and repeat again, we already have a similar player not even making the squad in Soyuncu.  What was the point in buying him?

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Yes he has.  He has looked out of his depth against Spurs as soon as Son came on (like the rest of the defence) and was lucky not to gift Forest 2 goals on Monday.  Both of the goals were his fault on Saturday.

You can argue with me about it if you want but it will not change the facts.  I am as fair as anyone else but he is not good enough and repeat again, we already have a similar player not even making the squad in Soyuncu.  What was the point in buying him?

I'd rather we were playing Soyuncu as well, but Rodgers is to proud to do so. 

Not denying he hasn't made mistakes but you're making out like he's a competition winner, if you were as fair as anyone you'd of remarked (prior to it being pointed out) on how poor the very experienced Evans has been rather than just the lad signed from abroad.

I think this lad will be fine. He undoubtedly had a poor game on Saturday, but I see something in him, cannot see him setting the world alight, but I reckon that he will be solid enough. 

I agree with the sentiment though. I doubt he’ll be any better than Soyuncu which proposes the question as to why Rodgers has isolated him. It’s actually farcical when you think about him. I have no doubt that Soyuncu will leave and join a side like Atletico Madrid / Inter and prove himself.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Weird that the folk occupying this thread slagging him off aren't doing the same with Evans 

Gotta agree with you this time TF

Evans is miles past his best and is as accountable as anyone else for our rank defensive displays. 
He must have been a really good defender in his prime but alas, his time has come and gone.

Isnt this another error of judgement on the part of the club though? Having to rely so heavily on Evans to play so often?

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Gotta agree with you this time TF

Evans is miles past his best and is as accountable as anyone else for our rank defensive displays. 
He must have been a really good defender in his prime but alas, his time has come and gone.

Isnt this another error of judgement on the part of the club though? Having to rely so heavily on Evans to play so often?

You'd imagine Fofana was possibly the succession plan, albeit not a very good one as it was obvious he wouldn't be here that long.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From the Forest game. 

From Bournemouth game:

Tackles aren't necessarily a good attribute for a CB as it can highlight that they had to dive in when out of position.

Maldini averaged 0.5 tackles a game over his career and he wasn't bad....that's almost half his season average (19) in one game!

• Like 2

Just now, Kierzz said:

Tackles aren't necessarily a good attribute for a CB as it can highlight that they had to dive in when out of position.

Maldini averaged 0.5 tackles a game over his career and he wasn't bad....that's almost half his season average (19) in one game!

I see what you mean, but tackling being a good trait for a defender is never a bad thing. 

It could also mean a player us running towards them and they get a tackle in, therefore stopping them go past. 

Maldini had the likes of Gattuso and Seedorf ahead of him, and Nesta and Cafu next to him!! 

• Like 1