Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

9 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

If Castagne and Ricardo are both fit they just need to rotate, as both have had injury issues at points, we need a left back, Justin can probably do a job currently in the left of a three, Thomas needs to play a whole season in the championship to fully develop, an Betrands injured and passed it.

That’s what I said a few weeks ago Thomas is getting no game time. He could go on loan to Luton Town in January if there’s cover. KDH progressed very well there as would Thomas i believe. All that is happening now is Thomas football career has stalled. 

• Like 1

I'm still not 100% sure Thomas needs a loan, sadly there are going to be squad players that don't play much, especially now we don't compete in Europe. He's proven he's good enough at this level and then he's tailed off, none of our full backs are reliable enough fitness wise not to need at least 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ely fox said:

That’s what I said a few weeks ago Thomas is getting no game time. He could go on loan to Luton Town in January if there’s cover. KDH progressed very well there as would Thomas i believe. All that is happening now is Thomas football career has stalled. 

Agree. Thomas is a good player with lots of potential. But he's plateaued. His development is being compromised just getting splinters. Get him some game time or Loan him out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm not getting ahead of myself, it clear to see he is a good player.

I don't think anyone is disputing that, but that's not what you said - 

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yup, we have rinsed Chelsea and got a better player for a quarter of the price, we've done it again.

It's a bit premature to say that he's a better player than Fofana, which I doubt, when he has only played five games. Further, that we have 'rinsed Chelsea' when we have yet to see what Wes will go on to achieve in a currently higher quality side. 

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yup, we have rinsed Chelsea and got a better player for a quarter of the price, we've done it again.

Let’s not go overboard mate.

Fofana sadly has a much higher ceiling potential wise.

However, for the right now, I do prefer Faes’ grit/leadership qualities to dig us out of this hole BUT imagine we had both of them, would have complimented each other beautifully.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It's a bit premature to say that he's a better player than Fofana, which I doubt, when he has only played five games. Further, that we have 'rinsed Chelsea' when we have yet to see what Wes will go on to achieve in a currently higher quality side. 

Okay, still looks more composed than Fofona, Fofona had a lot of mistakes in him .. maybe better was slightly exaggerating but he is on par in my view.

9 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Given we didn't want to start the whole Fofana saga, we did well to get Faes in. Adds the needed aggression.

I'd still like to see him paired with a motivated Soyuncu. They would have the potential to set the tone for the rest of the team in terms of aggression.

Would always be prone to howlers though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

For the record, i didn't say he is a better player than Fofana, i said i preferred him to Fofana. I'm comfortable that Wes will go on and be a superstar. But right now Faes has improved our defense, which is something Wes didn't do last season nor is it something he did at the start of this season (his antics made it worse for us in the first few games). Last season, Wes just felt like a pair of legs that wasn't Amartey or Vesty.  Faes has got leadership and aggression. 

Maybe Faes is at his peak? Either way, he's been a good addition that has actually made us better. Amazing for a Leicester defender to get MoM from Shearer! 

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Faes is a number 1 centre back and Fofana was a (albeit very good) number 2 cenre back. In that we've upgraded.

That's why despite Fofana being the better player, Faes could be better for us. We need strong characters and leaders in the team.

Faes is one of those that puts in a crunching challenge in and celebrates it, whipping up the crowd into a frenzy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's why despite Fofana being the better player, Faes could be better for us. We need strong characters and leaders in the team.

Faes is one of those that puts in a crunching challenge in and celebrates it, whipping up the crowd into a frenzy. 

That’s exactly it. He leads by example and his aggression and passion gets the crowd up and pushes the other players on. We’ve been so soft for so long it’s great to see a defender this keen to win his challenges. Saw him at the end of this match and Forest and he was clearly so pumped to have won. Hopefully it’s beginning to rub off on some of the others as well. 

• Like 4

It is premature to say he's better than Fofona but, aside from his terrible performance at Bournemouth, we haven't missed Fofona. Sounds stupid to say that but I don't think you'd look at the team and think we've lost an 80m centre half.

• Like 2

Love his style of play, aggressive no nonsense defending, looks to be pretty quick but also very comfortable in possession. Cracking signing and shows the recruitment team still have it in them to identify quality at value for money prices. 

Seems a natural leader and could see him

as successor to Evans as captain 

• Thanks 1