Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

He's the sort of player that challenges for the ball, high up the pitch. When he wins it, we are going to love him but he IS going to lose out in some of those challenges which will put us in trouble. The only real option is to put someone with pace beside him who has a chance of chasing back because someone like Vestergaard or Evans ain't going to push up with him meaning we are liable to play runners onside so out of our current lot, it kind of has to be Soyuncu. The only problem with that is he also pushes up high and gambles on winning the ball so it's all or nothing. 

1 minute ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Sky Sports:

"Wout Faes has played 5 games for Leicester and had 3 clean sheets. Leicester got 7 points in those games. He is already in the running for best transfer of the season in the EPL, certainly considering his low cost."

Can't cope. Press saying nice things about our defense!!! Doesnt make sense.

Did we even keep 3 clean sheets last season?

• Like 2

He has been impressive in his short spell here and will get even better with experience. One  thing he can improve on is holding the defensive  line with the rest of the back four. He tends to be 2 yards behind the others and consequently plays an attacker onside. Happened last night and led to the Leeds player somerville almost scoring

Edited by drofmor55
correction

53 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Get a pacey centre half who doesn't make clangers like Amartey and we'll have a succession plan for Evans-Fofana within 8 months. Sorted.

That young French CB at Chelsea looks a good bet if he can overcome his injuries.

He has really impressed me so far. An intelligent player both on and off the ball. He presses really well and his passing from the back is something we have so desperately needed. 

I love how composed he is when bringing the ball out from defence.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's a jib? 

It's a type of sail if I remember correctly. Back in the day sailors would identify whether a ship was friendly or otherwise by looking at the colour and style of their sail, or "the cut of their jib".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's why despite Fofana being the better player, Faes could be better for us. We need strong characters and leaders in the team.

Faes is one of those that puts in a crunching challenge in and celebrates it, whipping up the crowd into a frenzy. 

True, Faes is a warrior. Hates to loose games and duels

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Sky Sports:

"Wout Faes has played 5 games for Leicester and had 3 clean sheets. Leicester got 7 points in those games. He is already in the running for best transfer of the season in the EPL, certainly considering his low cost."

Regardless of whether this is premature or not, this sort of press is always a good thing. Helps to build confidence which has a knock on impact to performance and results. Really pleased he’s made a positive start. 

• Like 1

Looks very good so far. Will say this is one part Rodgers has excelled in for us.

making our left cb look incredible when they first start playing for us under him - Maguire, soyuncu, Fofana and now faes

none of them turns out we’re actually that good, just food for thought

4 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Sky Sports:

Then next week, he's too good for Leicester, Chelsea should throw £40 million at Leicester.

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan

I think the jury has to still be out on Faes, for me anyway.

We’ve seen him play MOTM performances (such as last night), but we’ve also seen him at the centre of a defence that conceded 6 goals to Tottenham and a shocking second half performance against Bournemouth.

What I would say though is that, unlike players like Soumare (where I can’t for the life of me see why we paid what we did for him), I don’t feel like that with Faes.

Ive seen ability in Faes that makes me feel confident he’ll cement his position at CB, hopefully alongside somebody with equally as much potential.

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think the jury has to still be out in Faes, for me anyway.

We’ve seen him play MOTM performances (such as last night), but we’ve also seen him at the centre of a defence that conceded 6 goals to Tottenham and a shocking second half performance against Bournemouth.

What I would say though is that, unlike players like Soumare (where I can’t for the life of me see why we paid what we did for him), I don’t feel like that with Faes.

Ive seen ability in Faes that makes me feel confident he’ll cement his position at CB, hopefully alongside somebody with equally as much potential.

A little harsh to put his debut in the 'against' column. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ChrisFilter said:

A little harsh to put his debut in the 'against' column. 

I said this at the time. No I don’t think it was. 6 goals conceded for a CB is not ‘a good debut’. I stick with that.

On 05/10/2022 at 14:03, grumpy old git said:

I think that the way Wout Faes plays remines me of Cags very much a year or 2 ago!

Will get an odd red card and take’s no pensioners, maybe Cags and Wout together could be something special.

I almost think the Cags comparisons are a bit harsh to Faes. Faes likes a tackle and he doesn't take prisoners but he's a mot more measured than Cags. I don't see him having the massive panics that Cags does, he's a lot more calm and composed.

Looks like a guy with a great head on his shoulders. You can see the leader in him just watching him play. Really impressed so far. 

• Like 2