Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think the jury has to still be out on Faes, for me anyway.

We’ve seen him play MOTM performances (such as last night), but we’ve also seen him at the centre of a defence that conceded 6 goals to Tottenham and a shocking second half performance against Bournemouth.

What I would say though is that, unlike players like Soumare (where I can’t for the life of me see why we paid what we did for him), I don’t feel like that with Faes.

Ive seen ability in Faes that makes me feel confident he’ll cement his position at CB, hopefully alongside somebody with equally as much potential.

Everybody relevant to back  7 imploded on his debut..

Bournmouth hit & miss…

This is his first games…not one fan or pundit can judge either way.

like all Players,let see how he plays in periods, across the whole season.

I still want to see him with Cags, & not Amartey before any judgement,

Even the best CB will have course moments with Amartey as joint CB.

or Amartey suddenly finds he can lose those stodgy moments..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

Really like the look of him, get a quality CB next to him and we are set!

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Sign another leader to play alongside him.

I'm trying to think of an appropriate signing to go alongside him. It feels to me it needs to be a defender who is a little different to him, someone equally as good in the air as we need as much help in that department as we can, but a defender who isn't quite as full throttle in to the tackle as there's a risk we'd commit too much and have nothing to mop up and misjudged balls.

Someone like Todibo at Nice or Rob Atkinson at Bristol City - the sort of wildcard signing we used to be immense at.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm trying to think of an appropriate signing to go alongside him. It feels to me it needs to be a defender who is a little different to him, someone equally as good in the air as we need as much help in that department as we can, but a defender who isn't quite as full throttle in to the tackle as there's a risk we'd commit too much and have nothing to mop up and misjudged balls.

Someone like Todibo at Nice or Rob Atkinson at Bristol City - the sort of wildcard signing we used to be immense at.

I wouldn’t mind Niakhate if Forest go down. Surely he has a relegation clause we could trigger.

Probably wouldn’t be a starter as his play style is similar to Faes, but he’d improve our squad depth.

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I get what you are saying and it is often suggested just as when pairing strikers to get a big guy to win the headers and a smaller more skilful speedster. I think it is just as valid to say just get the best you can or one that can become one.  You wouldn’t say no to two Wout Faes. Well possibly an Older wiser twin brother. Maybe. As it turns out we already have a player with similar skill sets when in song to Wout but that’s another story. Both of those two are good suggestions though and we need to get back at bringing in such potential gems. For me Wout is a damn good start. I don’t see too many flaws. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I wouldn’t mind Niakhate if Forest go down. Surely he has a relegation clause we could trigger.

Probably wouldn’t be a starter as his play style is similar to Faes, but he’d improve our squad depth.

I wanted him in the summer, is he injured?

37 minutes ago, westernpark said:

He’s a great footballer to watch. Unpredictable, yet always fully committed. However, against Leeds his decision to step in a few times was poor. Against the popular narrative, there wasn’t much difference between him and Amartey.

That’s a mad thing to say really. 

• Like 3

On 20/10/2022 at 23:34, filbertway said:

This man is gonna break a lot of hearts when he picks up reds and gives away pens, but I absolutely love his style of playing. You've got to take the rough with the smooth with guys like this. An absolutely fantastic find for the price and more reminiscent of the business I expect from us.

...giving him the armband will alleviate all that!!!

He is much in the Wes Morgan style of putting his body on line, and leading by example. He is made for our club, he is the one you are going to look to to keep you going in games.

As bad as he was at Bournemouth he was excellent vs Leeds. 

I think he has one of those styles that when he's on it he looks class and times his tackles brilliantly and has time on the ball but when he's off it he looks lacklustre and sloppy. 

I think overall we may have found ourselves a bit of a diamond here and Martinez must have been impressed 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

He's transformed the back 4, which has consequently given Ward more confidence. 

Not only Ward. Amartey looks a lot less nervy at the moment alongside Faes.