Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

26 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

He's turned out to be a great signing so far, although it is still early doors he has all the attributes to be the future captain.  He will have a few stinkers and make the odd mistake, but anyone who can help keep clean sheets playing alongside Big Dan deserves praise.

There has been a noticeable change in defensive tactics , which is sensible given Amartey and Faes old-school defensive qualities. It was desperately needed and so far it is working. If we can restrict Man.City to one or two then we may have turned a corner.

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I personally don't think we've missed Evans. He's been well off form this last year or so and I haven't seen much of the captain's qualities needed either on the field. 

I'm not going to big up Faes overly at this stage, he did have some issues and committed clear mistakes (understandably so) in the first couple of games or so. 

But he looks like he could be a real asset playing wise and with his organisational skills.

I see Amartey is still a huge scapegoat for many on here and I get that he is prone to big gaffes and so criticism. But the guy gives his all and alongside a more steadying influence like Faes, the centre back partnership is working at the moment, albeit against teams that in the lower reaches, like us. 

If I was Rodgers for now, I'd be tempted to keep things as they are, despite what might happen against Man City, who can destroy any defence on their day as we've seen. 

This. Why change a winning team?

I just hope we at least try and put up a bit of a fight against Man City, even if we get completely blown away and have to start defending in Newark or Leamington...  (I had to check the alignment of the pitch on google maps to figure that out ;) :P) But I guess that's what we all expect as a minimum, right?  Either way, our defence is going to have work to do!  (Faes vs Haaland... *Fight* :P )

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Starting to look a lot better now he's settled. Wasn't too keen on jumping on the bandwagon in the early days given some of the results but he's looked solid over the past 4 or so games.

I'd still argue he's nowhere near peak Cags but there are a lot of similarities there. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Starting to look a lot better now he's settled. Wasn't too keen on jumping on the bandwagon in the early days given some of the results but he's looked solid over the past 4 or so games.

I'd still argue he's nowhere near peak Cags but there are a lot of similarities there. 

I don’t think Cags had his leadership qualities. Cags always seemed to need peak Evans next to him. Faes can make Amartey look like a reasonable defender, something Cags could never do.

• Like 4

On 24/10/2022 at 19:43, Fox1norfolk said:

Just wondering when all the pundit start their Faes PR stunts MU, Chelsea, Spurs, etc are interested Jan Transfer window

I don't think it will be long. Didn't they start with the Fofana propaganda the January after he signed? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have to say he has been absolutely brilliant today again. Man of the match him or Madders imo.

We've seen some defenders over the years Col and this kid looks the real deal to me.

• Like 2