Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

I criticised him after Bournemouth, thought he was terrible, but since then he has been class for us. Looks like he’s been here years. Fair play and long may it continue!

Edited by Fox92
Spelling error as I’m on my phone
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Corky said:

Especially given what he came into. A signing that has given me some faith in the recruitment team.

....it would have been easier to come into a team playing as poorly as we were than to come in when we were on fire!!!

He would have been on the bench and hoped to get minutes. He was a skipper at his last club, he knew what was needed to pick these players up off the floor. I still think he will not be here too long, he brings too much to the table and other clubs would have seen this. We could pick up a nice earner from Chelsea or Man. United, you feel we have got lucky with this one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

If Man City hadn't signed Haaland, Faes would be the signing of the season. He's amazing! In the first half I think he won every single duel! Brilliant player! :appl:

Possibly one of my favourite moments in the game tonight was his tackle on Doucoure just outside our box/corner flag before cleverly winning a free kick.

The lad is a winner,,, Brendan used to harp on about that personality type.

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Loved how he smashed Lewin a couple of times early on . 

I think this is really important. Our team has been physically and mentally weak over the last few seasons, with plenty of teams bullying us. Next week will be interesting because he will be up against Antonio who always bullied Soyuncu into the nether realm. Whether we get something against West Ham or not will come down to if Faes can handle Scamaca / Antonio, whichever one plays.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think this is really important. Our team has been physically and mentally weak over the last few seasons, with plenty of teams bullying us. Next week will be interesting because he will be up against Antonio who always bullied Soyuncu into the nether realm. Whether we get something against West Ham or not will come down to if Faes can handle Scamaca / Antonio, whichever one plays.

Agreed we most definitely been a soft touch and bullied at times . I said in one of the other  threads I get the feeling he’s one of those that’s absolute nails but doesn’t shout about it . 

• Like 1

Reims averaged the lowest amount of possession in Ligue 1 last season, but you could tell from Faes’ possession stats that he’s more than comfortable with the ball.

Overall pass completion of 85.2 which is solid, his medium pass completion though was 93.9, the 15th best in terms of outfield players in Ligue 1.

I thought losing Fofana’s ball carrying ability would hurt us a bit, but when we signed Faes you could see from certain statistics why we were interested in him.

What I didn’t expect to see is his leadership material qualities flourish so quickly. He also has a mix of modern day and old school ability, as I said above, he’s more than comfortable on the ball, plus he absolutely loves to defend, which gives off strong Robert Huth & Marcin Wasilewski type vibes.