Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Similar to when Hugh helped with Morgan becoming a better defender, Amarty is looking much more composed. Doesn't seem to be making silly tackles or passing it around the box or under hitting his passes.

On another note, won't be long before he's linked away.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Reims averaged the lowest amount of possession in Ligue 1 last season, but you could tell from Faes’ possession stats that he’s more than comfortable with the ball.

Overall pass completion of 85.2 which is solid, his medium pass completion though was 93.9, the 15th best in terms of outfield players in Ligue 1.

I thought losing Fofana’s ball carrying ability would hurt us a bit, but when we signed Faes you could see from certain statistics why we were interested in him.

What I didn’t expect to see is his leadership material qualities flourish so quickly. He also has a mix of modern day and old school ability, as I said above, he’s more than comfortable on the ball, plus he absolutely loves to defend, which gives off strong Robert Huth & Marcin Wasilewski type vibes.

More importantly, he knows when to carry the ball and when to not. 

I would happily make him our first choice CB, and would pair Amartey and Soyuncu with him ahead of Evans. He's a real leader and brings out the best of his partner.

Amartey, who, let's be fair, has been a complete bomb scare for years, is one of the highest performing CBs in the premier league over the last 7 matches. If he Faes can do that to Dan Amartey, imagine what a player Soyuncu could be next to him.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Why is no one mentioning his amazing hair?

Forget the hair.  It’s the jaw … and the eyes.

9999wout.JPG.f81de7ca7910a25d434a016c8b3a1efa.JPG

Much more  9999rh.JPG.59166c0ff9f1cc2cd85d251c0a3f1699.JPG  than  9999dl.JPG.8779b276fbd84b50f0f3d852559c821e.JPG  ... and I don't just mean the mop.

On 05/11/2022 at 19:56, Fox92 said:

I criticised him after Bournemouth, thought he was terrible, but since then he has been class for us. Looks like he’s been here years. Fair play and long may it continue!

Me too. I think it is safe to say I may have been wrong. Made a bit of a plonker of myself.

• Haha 2

On 05/11/2022 at 22:24, Genesis1 said:

Similar to when Hugh helped with Morgan becoming a better defender, Amarty is looking much more composed. Doesn't seem to be making silly tackles or passing it around the box or under hitting his passes.

On another note, won't be long before he's linked away.

:ph34r::ph34r:

image.thumb.png.35d5bb37ac5611a16de7460229d1d95c.png

16 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t remember Kante settling that quickly? Took him several games to get into the team

He only played a few minutes of the home win against Sunderland but (I think) played around half an hour in the away win at West Ham. I was there and I remember thinking he looked something special - he was all over the West Ham players like a rash. People were talking about it in the pub afterwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

He only played a few minutes of the home win against Sunderland but (I think) played around half an hour in the away win at West Ham. I was there and I remember thinking he looked something special - he was all over the West Ham players like a rash. People were talking about it in the pub afterwards.

Literally remember the same thing, when he first came on thought and said if that kid is constant he is a nailed on starter,  then next game he proved it was no flash in the pan.  was brilliant from the first time he touched the ball.    

• Like 2