Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Shouldn’t be compared to Fofana - different types of defenders and the experience gap is huge.

Both wonderful players - Faes has made a bigger impact because he came in when we were a defensive mess and has been instrumental in clearing it up.

Look forward to many more games with Faes in our defence and look forward to seeing Fofana continue to develop and become the class act he has the potential to be.

7 minutes ago, Balj said:

Shouldn’t be compared to Fofana - different types of defenders and the experience gap is huge.

Both wonderful players - Faes has made a bigger impact because he came in when we were a defensive mess and has been instrumental in clearing it up.

Look forward to many more games with Faes in our defence and look forward to seeing Fofana continue to develop and become the class act he has the potential to be.

Evening Brendan 

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I don't, I look forward to Fofana failing.  Purely because he was an idiot in how he went about leaving. There are right way and wrong ways to move your career forward, he chose the wrong option. 

The same way many celebrated the way he left St Etienne to join us you mean? 

• Like 2

He’s bringing the absolute best out of Amartey which is brilliant. I honestly wouldn’t put Evans back in until there’s a drop off, they’re building a cracking partnership.

Not sure how good the other Belgian CB’s are in in comparison these days, but surely he starts in Qatar for them?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

The same way many celebrated the way he left St Etienne to join us you mean? 

I get what you're saying but why would anyone on here care about St Etienne. I doubt Chelsea fans care about us but I'm sure they'll care if he was to force a move to Real Madrid 

I hope he managed to get a clean sheet bonus in his contract. The guy will be raking it in!! 

In all seriousness for the team to go from having the worst defence in the league to the best is a phenomenal achievement.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bovril said:

Intelligent player, more so than Fofana. Although I think little Wes has incredible potential, Faes looks like an upgrade at the moment.

...totally different types of players, who play in the same position!!!

Fofana will be 22 next month and Faes will be 25 in April, about to hit his peak. One of them brings know-how to the backline and leadership, the other if allowed to play is a terrific football player who can defend and go forward. It is pointless comparing the two, which one is more suited to our club right now is the question and the overriding answer in all aspects would be Faes.

He needs that armband, I suspect he will have to prise it away from Youri next season.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Quite simply, he’s been a fookin revelation.

Just watch him today.. he literally gave nothing up. Could be another gem of a signing who looks to have developed an understanding with Amartey already. The desire is there and the confidence to not give away goals. We haven’t had that in years at Leicester