Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

46 minutes ago, Balj said:

Shouldn’t be compared to Fofana - different types of defenders and the experience gap is huge.

Both wonderful players - Faes has made a bigger impact because he came in when we were a defensive mess and has been instrumental in clearing it up.

Look forward to many more games with Faes in our defence and look forward to seeing Fofana continue to develop and become the class act he has the potential to be.

:nono:   :nono:  :nono:  :thumbdown: 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Unabomber said:

Thing is Cags was absolute class for us and then look at him now. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with Faes.

Why would it? Two completely different players with different characteristics and personalities?

His form might dip but why the comparison with Soyuncu?

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

Thought Fofaba was still 19. My bad.

...he was when he came here, but was about to turn 20 a few months later!!!

We had the injury in pre-season and him coming back and everything going south this summer when Chelsea came into the picture. His time playing for us may seem short and you can imagine that he was still at that point and still new to us.

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Thing is Cags was absolute class for us and then look at him now. Hopefully that doesn’t happen with Faes.

...what is it about Caglar's mentality, to stay on (what has been rumoured) such a low salary for such a long time and not seek to improve it over his time here!!!

I can understand having to negotiate a new contract could have meant him being here longer, but players' careers are short and he has not sought to maximize his income. Would this imply a sensitive soul that does not handle criticism well and Rodgers is his problem? 

Like Faes, he came in and you could see an immensely talented player who for me was touching world-class, and now his confidence and displays are virtually on the floor as he seeks to go out the door.

...you do know that other clubs are now aware of what he can do!!!

I feel this is the right size club for him to be the skipper and look to stay at, but clubs with money such as Newcastle may see him as someone who could fit into their project quite easily. Newcastle has not become flash with their money and has quietly built their way into a top 6 position, I feel we will struggle to keep hold of him for next season.

• Sad 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Looks like he has pal. 

He definately looks the real deal. Having seen him now play more than two games, I think more of a judgement can be made.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Quite simply, he’s been a fookin revelation.

Just watch him today.. he literally gave nothing up. Could be another gem of a signing who looks to have developed an understanding with Amartey already. The desire is there and the confidence to not give away goals. We haven’t had that in years at Leicester 

anybody know who in the club picked him out? ..whoever it was take a bow...

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I love this man!

@Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoohow do I convince you to make a Wout Faes emoji? Make him guard a brick wall or something... no one is getting past Wout!

Will try and squeeze it in next week 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

There was always that niggling doubt though wasn't there? That he was a bombscare but got away with it more times than not. Don't see that with Faes, personally.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxer said:

There was always that niggling doubt though wasn't there? That he was a bombscare but got away with it more times than not. Don't see that with Faes, personally.

Yeah you’re probably correct. There were a few on here that judged Faes early doors though implying the whole bombscare angle. 

• Like 1